Grain Mill at OBK? Any experience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefboubou

Reaction score
Anyone bought the OntarioBeerKegs' Grain Mill actually at $109?

It comes with a 7-lb hopper and has steel rollers so it looks like a bargain to me! It don't want to pay for the other mills that are over $150 but sinc ethis one is right between a Victoria Mill and the high end ones.......

I know this is an old thread but somehow I came across it. I have an OBKrusher and it works great, no complaints at all.

I know this is an old thread but somehow I came across it. I have an OBKrusher and it works great, no complaints at all.

I have one too that I have only used once to crush 1/2 pound of crystal. I fiddled with it a lot to get it adjusted and stay in place. It seems to do a good job, but I am finding it difficult to have the roller stay in position. One side shifts a bit once I start running grain through.

Are you having this issue?

I've got the same mill, it works well enough but as said the set screws for holding it in tune tend to loosen off. I torqued the hell out of mine and now they don't move.

I've got the same mill, it works well enough but as said the set screws for holding it in tune tend to loosen off. I torqued the hell out of mine and now they don't move.

I also tried tightening the heck out of it and it didn't seem to make a difference. I'll keep playing with it. As you say it works well enough, and I hope I can get the roller to hold a little better....

After some fiddling I really had to crank it on, especially the nuts. Since then ive put probably 100lbs or more through with no issue.

Well, it took a while for someone to answer my original question lol! Thanks for the info.

FYI, I went with a Victoria and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back