Strange Pressure relief Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay..so..I just took your advice and got a faceful of mellow yellow. Knew it would probably happen so I was fairly prepared with some eye protection so no harm done. Tried both poppets for a fraction of a second with same results.

I guess if I had to I could put on a raincoat and hold it down till all the pressure is gone. Just thought someone here might have seen these odd valves before.

That type of relief valve cannot be operated manually.

Try tilting the keg so the in valve is at the top. The keg is probably very full & the gas side has a longer than normal tube. You might be able to clear the fluid.

Okay I'll just do that. The ins and outs are not labeled but I'll just figure it out. In the future, I'm wondering if I can't just replace this lid for one that has a normal relief valve.

Thanks for the help!

Unakabrew

put a pin lock tap on it and drink it ;)

If you are going to use this keg, you must have the connectors...put a hose on the connector, stick it down the drian and plug it in.... the pressure will come off soon enough.

to avoid a face full of anything pressurized, put the keg on its side be fore you push any popptes. ask me how i know...

Well, on pinlocks, the posts are typically offset from the lid opening. I think it makes the posts look like eyes on a face. The left one is the beer out, right one is gas in (in alphabetical order... beer gas).

Back