So...what to do with this sawed-in-half sanke keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

originalben

Reaction score
I have a party in Oct. each year for friends to try whatever I've got bottled and kegged up, and last year I cut a keg in half-lengthwise- to use as open cooler type fixtures. Honestly, they kinda sucked at it, as the sides made for minimal usable space. So now I have 2 of these- duh- and want to use them for something- possibly like sconce type lights on the wall or maybe out in the yard as lights there. My thought is to drill holes randomly or in some type of pattern to allow a high output work light to shine through. Don't really want to blow money on plasma cutter service or the like, just whatever I may be able to swing with a drill and a trusty angle grinder.
Any nifty ideas?

Thanks!:mug:

HALFKEG2.JPG

HALFKEG1.JPG

That would make a great sink for a brewery. Just polish it up and put a drain hole in it. That would go great with a urial made from a keg. Those are future man cave ideas!

Maybe you can use it as a planter for Hops
You could use it as a baby rocker
A water and food bowl for a Great Dane
Mount a table on top and and build legs and turn it into a table
Use it to wash small dogs in

Or just scrap it for the metal

Weld them back together and store beer in them?

Fire pits?

Huge punch bowl

Speed bumps

Giant chimes

BBQ grill (add some legs and a grill surface Ta-Da)

Benches (add legs on the other side)

Mount it on a wall as if you have a key in your wall
a drip catch
birdbath
wheel chalk for a 787
a heat/wind shield for a burner
a shield
Return it for half the deposit refund
a garden fountain/water fall

Mount it on a wall as if you have a key in your wall
a drip catch
birdbath
wheel chalk for a 787
a heat/wind shield for a burner
a shield
Return it for half the deposit refund
a garden fountain/water fall

Love the half deposit.

If I could weld, the options would be nigh endless, but no such luck.

The urinal idea would be up there if I could weld, for sure.

+1 for the Grill

To go with your lighting idea and if you were cool spending some money. I'd turn it LED Sign Board.

My other thought would be turning it into a huge out doors shower head. Maybe fun if it was hot outside.

Drill holes, hang overhead somehow, recirculate water to the top with your March pump. Let the kids play. - I'll let you work out the details.

That's obviously a stolen keg and the beer police will come get you unless you tape it back together and take it directly to the office of Luiz Fernando Edmond in St. Louis.

Although these would be cool if you had cut it differently.. ;-)
89152487_b7e9d859d8.jpg

id put some hinges on it. build a smoker box. or you could hinge it and put some latches on it...add a motor and shaft and use it for roasting your own grains/coffee.

Put it flat side down on a table. Cut large holes in it and drop in some utensil cups to hold the forks/knives etc.

Build a base for the round side and plant some flowers in it. I always liked the idea of gardening with kegs

Or what about mounting it on the wall as art?

Definitely a charcoal grill. Check this video out. Looks pretty sweet.

[ame]http://youtu.be/RZLzSA9s8mI[/ame]

Shop/spotlights? The inside of the keg if shined up nicely would make a good reflector for the light. Make a stand lamp and have the keg attach and wires go in where the coupler used to attach.

Latest posts

Back