bottling from corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewDMD

Reaction score
I have been brewing for 5 years, recently moved to kegging (love it) for the past 5 months. My question is, what's the best way to bottle from my keg, and how long will it keep its carbonation (I mostly force carb)? I have entered some competitions, but I want to be able to save beers I make now for future comps, instead of having to plan so I have my right styles on tap for the right competitions. Thanks in advance.

In short what's the most efficient way to bottle and store from your corny keg?

most reliable method is using a counter pressure bottle filler, cap on foam. This in my opinion is the best method to maintain the co2 in solution for the longest shelf life. there are plenty of people that fill using other fillers turning the pressure all the way down on their regulators. Search the forum for "we don't need no stinkin beergun". Personally, I wouldn't waste money on the blingman beer gun. I bought the counter pressure filler from more beer and couldn't be happier with it.

I have been using the Biermuncher bottle filler with good success.

Counter pressure would be the pro way to go. Minimum... $65?

I currently ghettofy it with a siphon valve jammed into a picnic tap, which is connect by vinyl tubing to the liquid out disconnect. Minimum... $5?

The middle ground is a filler like Bowiefan's that has an insert that slides into your Perlick and seals there. Minimum... $15?

Back