need help beer is poring very slow out of my faucet!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewskiman

Reaction score
i just bought a 5 gallon bootleggers- old world heff keg and tapped it. i have a keezer with a tower on it and its running at 36 deg. the co2 pressure is at 10 psi and i just put new lines in my keezer and they are 10 foot long. i used to have the standard 5 foot long lines but people told me to switch to 10 foot because foaming issues will be less. so i installed the 10 foot lines and just tapped the keg but the beer is pouring out very slow and its at 10 psi don't know what i am doing wrong so can someone help me out??? when i had the 5 foot lines the beer would pour out really fast at 10 psi.

Longer length equals more resistance. Boost the pressure or cut the tubing.
I believe most folks end up using about six feet of tubing and 12#PSI.
YMMV...

I run 3/16" 5-foot lines at 10 # pressure - no foaming issues except the first glass, when the tap is ambient-warm. 10 foot lines sound awfully long!

10 foot lines is normal. I'd bump up the pressure a bit. It's a hefe, so it can handle a bit more carb.

You can adjust the length of your lines if you want by cutting back, but once it's cut, it's cut.

I have 10 lines and no issues with slow pour and I have my pressure set at about 11-12. It also may be that your gauge is not entirely accurate...

Check where your lines are running. I've had trouble with lines that touch the sides of the kezzer getting iced up, sometimes to the extent that there's no flow at all.

I run 10 ft of line on each tap, 38 degrees, and about 13 psi... pours in about 8 seconds. seems to be a sweet spot for me

Check where your lines are running. I've had trouble with lines that touch the sides of the kezzer getting iced up, sometimes to the extent that there's no flow at all.

I have this problem too. The kegerator is not that cold, but the back is cold enough to ice up the lines. I *really* ought to see about wiring a fan in there to run when the compressor kicks in.

your right i just bumped up the psi to 12 and it works great pours a beer in about 8 seconds with great foam and carb thanks a lot bros

Latest posts

Back