Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I need to stop being productive in my house and start playing more video games again.

It's a very rare occasion that I get to play video games during daylight hours unless my eldest is asleep or I am playing hookie from work.

I usually don't start to play until around 10pm.

According to google, she's a Master Alchemist. I'd be interested in getting my money back if she could be pickpocketed.

Unfortunately she is still classified as a kid even though I think she is very very very old which means you can't pickpocket her.

It's a very rare occasion that I get to play video games during daylight hours unless my eldest is asleep or I am playing hookie from work.

I usually don't start to play until around 10pm.

My kid is on the way so I have been dealing with stuff around the house getting it ready to bring her home in a couple months and working on getting my brewing setup finished. I gotta get the beer stockpiled before she is born.

I'm going camping this weekend. Gonna wear my +20 one-handed helm and bring both of my awesomest daggers... just incase I run into any bears or dreugr.

Finally finished the companions main questline. Now, I am just waiting for everyone to come back to Jorrvaskar so I can get the final side quests. Still trying to decide if I want to cure myself or not. I don't really see the need to stay afflicted except the disease resistance. In fact, I have only used beast form the one time it was forced on me.

I was really looking forward to training up and getting my money back, but so far no-one can train me until I level up the skill. bless!

You should try and play around with the werewolf a little bit. The skill is a lot of fun to use if you are going to raid an opposing military camp.

You should try and play around with the werewolf a little bit. The skill is a lot of fun to use if you are going to raid an opposing military camp.

I've seen rumours that once DawnGuard is released it makes heavy use of Beast form and includes a perk tree. Unless you've already cured of it.

I'm stuck. Kind of like choosing a side, Imperial or StormCloak, I just can't decide so, I'll avoid it until I get to something where I have no choice but to choose.

That ring that Sinding gives you... I think it's called Ring of Hircine... does it work when you're not infected with the Werewolf trait, or only when you're actually a Werewolf?

That ring that Sinding gives you... I think it's called Ring of Hircine... does it work when you're not infected with the Werewolf trait, or only when you're actually a Werewolf?

You have to have the disease. The ring simply grants unlimited transformations. Except while it is cursed. In the cursed form it forces transformation.

I think if you are not diseased, then you only get the skin.

Diseased, you can get both the skin and the ring.

I've also read that if you go to the cave before teh quest line is given you can collect a special weapon.

All this time, two of the Stormcloaks' best fighters were making music in the middle of a field... no wonder the Imperial Legion had the upper hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found my new next ex-wife in Falkreath. From the moment she laid eyes on me she was sweet talking something about a spoon. I think she takes it in the pooper. Naria, Nirra, Naira, I forget. I was hunting wolf, not thumper.

Finished Ill met by moonlight. Got both the ring and the skin. Useless to me but, they are daedric and should count towards the daedric items count.

Still can't decide if I want to cure my Lycanism or not. Right now I am working my way through Aela's side quests for coin (I am at 70K+) to get to the 100K achievment. Kinda pissed that I waited so long to do the companions line. Now that I can get the training from Masters, my levels are so high I can't get anything from them. I was really looking forward to training and getting my coin back. Oh well.

Now I am to the point I need Speechcraft training and a fence. I got so much loot in a single chest it's slow to store anything else in it. I need a vendor with some seriosu coin to start dumping more stuff on for whatever price I can get. These chumps with 1000 aren't cutting it.

I need to go back to Riverwood. I could swear I invested there after I got him his claw.

Warning:
I was trying to change my character gender, race, and face last night by entering the menu and typing "showracemenu". Glad I had a save of my original character because after changing her, all my skill levels were altered.

DAMMIT Aela! All I want is the totems. Stop sending me out on animal control duties! Give that **** to Ria since all seems to be able to talk about is getting a bear.

I finally get all the totems and then spent forever trying to get the next signifigant quest line. Finally got fed up being animal control and googled. Doh! The bext sidequest comes from Farkas or Vilkas. All Aela will give is radient lines.

Okay, fine.

I spent HOURS running errends for Vilkas and finally got fed up and gooled again. bless! Gotta be carrying the witches heads to get a quest other than radient from them. Okay, fine fukkit, I have several of those at home in teh freezer.

I get the heads go back to Vilkas and get ANOTHER fecking radient quest. Fukkit! I'll do this one too. Run, Run, Run, pull an 817, run back. YAY! Finally, I get purity!

Lets's go dweedle dummerer, to Ysgrammor! I get there, Vilkas in tow. I go inside and proceed to sprint to the spot where I cured Kodlack. I get there and no Vilkas. WTF?

I wait. No Vilkas. So, I sprint back to the front. Nothing. So, I run back throught the catacomb thinking I'd come across him. Nothing. WTF?

I go back outside and figure I'll fast travel back to Jorvaskr and I notice the journal line is gone. It's moved to the completed area. But the diamond is still hollow as if it's not complete.

I never cured Vilkas but the quest is complete. WTF? So, I figure I'd load a previos save. The game autosaves when go to inventory and I alwya go to inventory before entering a tomb to check my weapons. But, the only saves are from AFTER I enetered the tomb and from HOURS prior. Means if I choose the save way porior I lose all the **** I collected from all those fecking radiant quests I did foolishly.

I have never played a game so glitchy in all my life! Fvcking Skyrim.

Just got some real badass armor by killing Boethiah's Champion. It's a one-of-a-kind sort of Ebony platemail that emits a poison. I made it way stronger via smithing so I'm set for awhile.

The only glitches that piss me off are a result of the Bard's College. Finn's Lute, Pantea's Flute, Rjorn's Drum... they are all still in my inventory because the damned people who asked me to retrieve them won't take them off of me! I fixed the glitch involving Esbern when he doesn't open the door for you and you can't hear him speak. There was some file I had to download.

Just got some real badass armor by killing Boethiah's Champion. It's a one-of-a-kind sort of Ebony platemail that emits a poison. I made it way stronger via smithing so I'm set for awhile.

The only glitches that piss me off are a result of the Bard's College. Finn's Lute, Pantea's Flute, Rjorn's Drum... they are all still in my inventory because the damned people who asked me to retrieve them won't take them off of me! I fixed the glitch involving Esbern when he doesn't open the door for you and you can't hear him speak. There was some file I had to download.

The Ebony mail is really good unless you have to brawl someone, you have to take it off or else the brawl becomes an outright lynching on you for using magic.

Another issue with the ebony mail is sneak archery. As soon as you go into sneak the ebony mail emits wisps of smoke that obscure your view. Can be really annoying in dark tombs and caverns. And can be a downright liability if you are spotted by an archer.

I am on Xbox and did not have the bards glitches. The only other glitch I have encountered so far is getting a book before the Orc inthe library asked for it and now I can't get rid of the book.

And the saves glitch. Keep too many saves and the Xbox can lock up on you for no reason.

I've found a possible work around for this new glitch and will try on my next gaming session.

I'll keep it on for stylistic reasons. I like to match Shadowmere, plus my female characters' boobs look great in it.

My previous character was weaker at level 82 than my current character at level 64. I played the game a bit smarter this go around and made some good choices early on.

My previous character was weaker at level 82 than my current character at level 64. I played the game a bit smarter this go around and made some good choices early on.

I'm going to play this character until all is done but the continuous radiant quests.

And then I am going to start playing COD MW3 or BF3.

I doubt I will but, if I finish all that before DawnGuard hits then I'll install DawnGuard and play this guy through that some other day. If not, then I'll play this guy through DawnGuard and put it down for a while.

Looking at all the add-on DLC's for previous versions (MorrowWind, Oblivion, etc...), it looks like Skyrim will never end.

I got Witcher 2 on the backburner myself. I've heard it makes Skyrim look like an Atari game.

Last edited by a moderator:
And then I am going to start playing COD MW3 or BF3.

I haven't stayed up later than 2am for over a year or so but this weekend my roommate and I were up past 4:30am playing nazi zombies! I think we started around 5pm on saturday.

I am really kind of irked now by Skyrim and some of the appeal is lost by the repitition.

I finally got worked through the bug but it was a real PITA. At one point I had BOTH Farkas and Vilkis as followers that I could not dismiss, had them both at the Ysgrammor thingamajig, but could not activate the damened thiung to cure either of them.

I think the ONLY reason I got cured is that it glitched.

I'm still having fun with it as long as I don't keep choosing the more repetitive missions.

I defeated Alduin last night in Sovngarde. Learned a shout to travel back and forth from Sovngarde to Tamriel. Pretty cool since this is the farthest I got in the game so far. I still have not collected all of the Dragon Priest masks. With hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay so far, this game seems never-ending.

I'm still having fun with it as long as I don't keep choosing the more repetitive missions.

I defeated Alduin last night in Sovngarde. Learned a shout to travel back and forth from Sovngarde to Tamriel. Pretty cool since this is the farthest I got in the game so far. I still have not collected all of the Dragon Priest masks. With hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay so far, this game seems never-ending.

Perhaps you are right.

Maybe it is time I get back to the main quest line. I suppose my OCD took over and I felt the need to tidy up the journal.

schmoe said:
Well I am a vampire lord.

+1 I was planning on starting as a dawngaurd but having serana as a partner was too enticing. Her drain life and resurrect spells are off the hook!

+1 I was planning on starting as a dawngaurd but having serana as a partner was too enticing. Her drain life and resurrect spells are off the hook!

I figured I would go through as a vampire the first time and then go through as a Dawnguard with a different character.

I'm a Lycan. I helped a Companion brother rid the curse by throwing a Hagraven head into blue fire, but I didn't cure myself because I haven't even changed yet.

I'm a Lycan. I helped a Companion brother rid the curse by throwing a Hagraven head into blue fire, but I didn't cure myself because I haven't even changed yet.

Getting to the point of curing Farkas and Vilkis was so frustrationg for me due to glitches that I wanted out as soon as possible.

Still wondering how DawnGuard addresses Lycanthropy for those who cured.

I've only just begun in Riften. Spent too much time clearing out everything else including misc journal entries. Still haven't chosen sides either.

I have probably 40-50 misc. quests that I just don't feel like doing.

Here I am, Lvl 48, carrying nearly 100K, finally met the priest and can marry, and none of the b!tches I think are hot are marryable.

Aela is tempting. Ever see a dog bless? You know it goes in the pooper occasionally.

Then there is Muiri, she's cute and if Bothela gets killed she takes the shop.

Or Sylgjia, cute too, reminds me of an old girlfriend (shudders).

Of course Lydia too, been staring at her tits the whole game. How does the money thing work? Does she still payout if she's a follower?

I trapped Lydia on Boethiah's pillar then stabbed the biatch. The next day, I visited Breezehome and I find her dead body planking on the floor of the guest bedroom. So I dragged her corpse to the fire pit on the first floor thinking I could melt her down or something. No luck on that. She has just been morbidly greeting my new followers as soon as they enter my humble abode. Utter fear is a leader's best motivator.

I trapped Lydia on Boethiah's pillar then stabbed the biatch. The next day, I visited Breezehome and I find her dead body planking on the floor of the guest bedroom. So I dragged her corpse to the fire pit on the first floor thinking I could melt her down or something. No luck on that. She has just been morbidly greeting my new followers as soon as they enter my humble abode. Utter fear is a leader's best motivator.

HA, Badass.

Latest posts

Back