What is with beer styles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jafty

Reaction score
I have this thing on hops, that is I love them. If I want to make an eight percent stout that is hopped to the roof is that ok? And by the way does anyone have a clone for LAGUNITAS hop stoopid.:drunk:

Make whatever you want! Who cares about style unless you are interested in competing.

Of course it's ok! The only thing you can't do is enter it in BJCP competitions as "stout" as it's out of the guidelines. But you certainly could enter it as a "specialty ale" and not be out of style a but.

Some ingredients go well together, and some don't. In my opinion, hops and roast don't really mesh. But I had a hoppy stout about a year ago that made me almost change my mind. If you like it, that's the important thing!

I've never cloned Hops Stoopid, but I think we have a clone recipe or two here on the site. I'll see what I can dig up.

Of course it's ok! The only thing you can't do is enter it in BJCP competitions as "stout" as it's out of the guidelines. But you certainly could enter it as a "specialty ale" and not be out of style a but.

Some ingredients go well together, and some don't. In my opinion, hops and roast don't really mesh. But I had a hoppy stout about a year ago that made me almost change my mind. If you like it, that's the important thing!

I've never cloned Hops Stoopid, but I think we have a clone recipe or two here on the site. I'll see what I can dig up.

Thanks for the reply hope to find out what they use for hopps:D

Oh, I just used a stout as an exsample (wish I could spell):eek:

Want to make EdWort's BCB IPA only darker. Think I'll use .25 pound of chocolate, and use a high L crystal like 90.

Back