I wish I could use my garage.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yin_Yang

Reaction score
I'm cleaning it out this weekend, so it'll be nice and empty again soon. It would be perfect as my personal brewery, but its not temperature controlled in there. In the winter it can get to be mid 30's at night, while in summer it can easily climb to 100+ during the day.

Poor insulation in there would just be a huge money pit to run an extra duct into the space, because it wont be able to retain cold/heat. I dont want to use space heaters/coolers, because i dont want my house to burn down :p . I just wish there was a way (a CHEAP way) to use it for this purpose.

Ya, you'd need a way to cool and warm it depending on the outside temp, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about the WHOLE garage.

Your largest heat/cooling load comes through the ceiling and it is surprisingly cheap to add a foot of insulation. After that, the main door and there's no easy way to deal with that. Your best bet might be a chest freezer and a dual mode controller.

Look in the DIY section. Theres a sweet build up in there were a guy built a room and insolated it and a/c it. Works great he said.

Latest posts

Back