Danby 4.4 cu. ft. big enough for 2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think so, you have to do the measurement and the math to be sure, but i think its not big enough.

Cheers

I think people have used that size. Do be advised that it will require modding and hacking. Search around, i think you need to gut the door and maybe move the thermostat??? I could see using that model if you found a used one cheap, but to hack and modify a new unit?? up to you.

Is this the same model as this link?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/danby-dcr412-works-great-34815/

Yes it will fit 2 cornys plus a 5 LB CO2 inside!:ban:

I am just moding this frig myself. Yes you have to take the stupid door shelves off. I replaced mine with an $8 white board from Wal-mart. Because of the way it is built you do not have to build a shelf for the CO2 bottle as there is a little shelf in the back. The temp control in on the top inside right in the center but there is still enough room for everything. There is also a light inside that you just have to remove the bulb after you take off the door shelves as they are what hits the switch when you close the door.

Also if you look through the stickties this conversition is that model:
http://www.thegatesofdawn.ca/wordpress/homebrewing/kegerator/

That looks just like my fridge and I have two cornies sitting in it. Had to remove the door stuff but did not have to hack the inside. It's tight at the top but you do not have to move the thermostat. If it is the same model as what I have, there are no ref coils in the top.

Mine holds 2 cornies. But it's an all-fridge model- no freezer compartment to get in the way.

2961-TowerKegs.jpg

When you guys do that, do you just drill and plumb the CO2 in from the outside, or squeeze the tank in with the cornies?

You could fit it inside, but I have found that the regulator works better if it is room temp. If you look closely at my pic you will see the top of the regulator in the cabinet next to the fridge.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have checked out several small refigerators for turning into kegerators and I've noticed that it looks like you can remove the freezer section just by taking out 2 screws that hold the shelf that serves as the bottom of the freezer and freezer door.

Has anybody done this?

Not to hijack this thread, but I have checked out several small refigerators for turning into kegerators and I've noticed that it looks like you can remove the freezer section just by taking out 2 screws that hold the shelf that serves as the bottom of the freezer and freezer door.

Has anybody done this?

The freezer shelf is the only thing that cools the fridge. If you remove that, you wreck the fridge.

Back