Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the most recent picture I have of mine, it's all back together now.

SAM_0144.jpg

Yeah, but come on already! It is after July 4th summer can start anytime now. Remember though, when you ride in the Pacific Northwet, your rain gear is ALWAYS on board.. LOL

Thunder, lightning and heavy rain were all part of a lovely July commute this morning. Stay dry out there. :mug:

GilaMinumBeer said:
Opted to keep the bike in the garage today and brought the guzzler instead. It may only get 10mpg but it has A/C.

High today is 106* with a heat index of 111*.

Been cloudy and sprinkling, but so far only 75! Bikes sitting in our body shop snug and dry. As long as it isn't raining hard at 530 I'm happy as a clam :ban:

Let see if this works (pic's)
Top is 1982 CBX with about 25k on it. I still have it, it's in So. Cal.
Bottom is 1981 CBX with 6700 miles, sold it on Wednesday :(
I've got another 82 with about 47k that I am customizing. I'll have so much $ in it when I'm done, they will have to bury me with it :p
Honda made the CBX 4 years, 79,80,81,82. First 2 years were naked, second 2 years dressed, with detachable saddle bags. They did not sell well back then, but have gained quite a following in the last 10 years. The 79 is the most sought after, they retailed for about $4800. new, and I've seen a 2 mile 79 sell for over $25K. Unfortunately the 81 & 82 are not there yet :(

Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper.jpg

DSCF1023.jpg

My buddy just got a street glide with that paint, you can't appreciate it until you see it in the sun, looks awesome.

_

Love a Road Glide. Bought mine 5 years ago, all my friends said they are ugly. As you can see from the pic, most have changed their minds. Mine is the old one

image-822088289.jpg

Nice Glides! I am wanting one badly. I just don't want to spend the money right now. I have always thought they were beautiful bikes, and they are not everywhere you look. I want one in black denim. Here are my two toys in action. And yes, that is my fat ass on that R6!:rockin:

DSC05792.JPG

DSC_4415.jpg

Is it difficult to find parts for those?

The most difficult part is figuring out what year Harley Davidson uses the same parts. :rockin:

Handle bars on mine are bolt on T bars for a Harley, Speedo Cable broke so went with a 2" stretched fork cable for a 92 Softail, (HD went to electrical speedos I guess in 94 or something). Motor is an 88 cu in S&S so parts are easy for the motor. Carb is a regular S&S Super G. Depending where I bring it, some HD shops are cool with working on it, other A-h

Even the pipes on mine are bolt on Slash Cuts for a 95-05 Softail... Even the mounting brackets worked. I was so happy when those fit and I didn't have to build a bracket.

Head light was the only part I've had to replace w/ genuine Indian stuff, as there was a recall on the stock ones and my bike didn't get fixed before the fold. I found a new headlight on ebay though. This was 3 years ago now so not sure how parts would be again now.

It's so damn close to a Harley it's comical. Which really, is lucky for me getting parts. If I had the PowerPlus 100 I'd probably hate myself and the bike. The idiot who designed the way the dash bulb mounts I want to shoot though. Also the electrical system is suspect, it's a Thunder Heart system which came on several chopper style branded bikes such as Big Dog and Iron Horse, Once it craps completely I'll replace it with a full replaced system from a more trustworthy company.

I've seen the new ones that were released up at Sturgis, Looks like a Jap Bike to me. Air intake is on the wrong side.:( Not to mention twice the price of a new HD. Not that I hate Jap bikes, I've rode a ton, just nothing beats the torque felt on an Evo.

I'll probably pick up a new touring bike in the spring, as I don't like or want bags on the Scout, but traveling sort of demands it. Riding up to Des Moines this next weekend with the wife and trying to figure out how I want to pack clothes for a weekend. If it was just me I wouldn't worry about it. With the wife it changes things. Thinking of a BMW K-Bike currently. Electra Glide would be nice, but the K is half the cost.

Had an 09 KX250F that I ripped on for two years before a bad get-off forced me to sell it. Broken femur and ankle on opposite legs kept me from walking for 3 months. I'm thinking about getting a sportster once funds allow

image-2640390034.jpg

image-1225948919.jpg

image-1387963548.jpg

I'll probably pick up a new touring bike in the spring, as I don't like or want bags on the Scout, but traveling sort of demands it. Riding up to Des Moines this next weekend with the wife and trying to figure out how I want to pack clothes for a weekend. If it was just me I wouldn't worry about it. With the wife it changes things. Thinking of a BMW K-Bike currently. Electra Glide would be nice, but the K is half the cost.

I want a BMW GS Adventure bad. But I am so short I'd just kill myself at a red light.

Had an Electra Glide for 15 years...sold it several years ago...
Last couple of years we've been riding a '95 K1100RS...
I would never consider going back to a Harley after spending time on the BMW...It just handles, accelerates and stops better.
It will cruise all day at 85mph and handles the twisties like a sport bike. Plus, it's is comfortable and has HEATED GRIPS!:D

thursday_departure.jpg

How are parts to come by on Buells now?

Depends on the part.
Most stuff is readily available though, expendables like gaskets and such are dealer items.
Hard parts that break are good for ebay.
Also, Erik Buell Racing has been great for support, at least for us racing them.

2003 XR650R dual sport with 680big bore and HRC cam,Precision concepts suspension and 4.6 gallon IMS tank,foot pegs, and shift lever, with Kenda Trackmaster II dual sport tires. I work in the off road motorcycle industry so I got all of this done for free I just had to provide the bike. Perfect off road and not bad on the street.

image-685869079.jpg

image-3793837327.jpg

image-2945792784.jpg

image-1342995300.jpg

My first bike, a 2005 suzuki c50.

I dont get SQUAT done for free, LOL. I put apes and stainless cables on her.

Got a set of pipes, a fuel processor, and a new clutch to install this winter. Will prob end up posting another pic when i do. I think the pipes (roadburner) look much better than the stockers.

Also gonna try and mount a marauder front fender on it. Looks a bit less bulky than the original.

sigpic_wif_apes_zps5c7f05f7.jpg

Wish I had more pics...6yrs ago. Bday present. '07 VRSCAW before the chrome. Later mods incl'd exhaust, 1250 cams, intake etc. 130HP at the wheels. Sadly got a divorce and had to get rid of it. Miss it bad.

395605_10150629621611018_1017320367_n.jpg

What I rented in Daytona, Jan of '08. Rode to Key West and back on the A1A. Epic journey. Rained most of the time, but you could say it was a baptism of sorts.

182_9948516017_1718_n.jpg

Hotel I stayed in

182_9948511017_1274_n.jpg

I ride an SV650 that I am slowly converting into a proper touring bike. I ride year round here in northeast PA, so long as there isn't fresh snow or ice on the roads. I am planning on riding the Trans Taiga this spring/early summer, so my clip-ons will be replaced with handlebars, sport touring tires will be replaced with some dual sport knobbies, and the suspension swapped with a more off-road worthy set.

On my trip to Newfoundland over the summer:
DSC05021-XL.jpg

On a trip to West Virginia this fall:
wv23-XL.jpg

Recent picture of my bike (and me):
528223_456449287746720_996331814_n.jpg

... with jockey shift, and foot clutch.

...with suicide shift and foot clutch. That's what those are called. Even though shifting with your hand and clutching with your foot is the cage way to do it, those would be Zuljin hanger handlebars because I'd be hung off them with that set up. But is does look like an interesting way to operate a motorcycle. Power to ya. :mug:

Had some paint left over from wifey's jet-ski, so... My logic was that hot pink was worth 1-2 seconds per lap, as you don't wanna be the slow guy on a pink bike. 2011 R6 supersport race bike... my buddy Gregg right behind me...

me-and-ahrens.jpg

The rental in Oahu last week. I'd recommend the ride up hwy (or county) 72!

2012-12-23_15-30-51_814.jpg

2012-12-23_11-50-56_211.jpg

2012-12-23_11-54-21_926.jpg

2012-12-23_11-55-13_257.jpg

2012-12-23_12-02-44_966.jpg

2012-12-23_12-02-56_390.jpg

About 180 mi around the island. Was awesome even if I got rained on.

Can't ride today... might vs well brew, Scottish ale I been meaning to do. That's a 2000 Valkyrie ( mine) and an 1100 Yamaha Star ( my wife's) next to it.

1229021248.jpg

image-1376059891.jpg

I picked up this bike off Craigslist for $90 with a clear title. It's a 79 CM400T that's been sitting outside since the early 90s in a hoarder's backyard. It's stripped to the frame awaiting a cafe-racer treatment and some top end work. I plan to rebuild and sell for a profit.

Back