New brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
I have made several batches of beer, and with fall coming, I was thinking a keg of cider would be good too. Is there a simple recipe for making hard cider? I like the hard ciders I've tried, but don't have a clue where to start in making on. Thanks

There are plenty of good recipes on the recipe page here look through them, and choose one you like. I did one close to this for my first batch except I added 2 cups of cane sugar to boost the abv and only had bread sugar to use, and it still came out fine. (I dont suggest using bread yeast though). They are all fairly flexible, and as you are using a keg, and probably force carbing you dont need to worry about bottle bombs like me, which is the most difficult part.

Here's one I just did and it turned out superb. It's quick, cheap and easy. 4 gallons 100% juice (I used Hansens) 2 cans of old orchard juice concentrate, 1/2 tsp of pectic enzyme per gallon, wyeast 4766 cider yeast. 10 days in primary, transferred to secondary, back sweeten with two more cans of old orchard juice concentrate and bottled. It's great

Back