New Chicago Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niilo has been out of town for Thanksgiving. Be sure your order will be counted, we're still trying to fill up this second pallet. If you have any questions and haven't heard from him, shoot me a pm.

How full on the second pallet are we? I'd be down for some malt if there's still room.

If so, can someone private msg me the catalog/price sheet?

Thanks!

OK people I'm back. Sorry I was out of town and should have announced that on here. I will be doing the second spreadsheet today. Also those that have requested the catalog I will send that shortly. I will post the numbers on here once I figure them out.

believe we're going to be doing payment to my paypal account. If you wish, you can mail me money as well although I won't be responsible if your cash/check gets lost in transit. I'll talk with niilo to make sure this is still the plan.

It appears that the second spreadsheet may go up late tonight.

Wernerherzog said:
believe we're going to be doing payment to my paypal account. If you wish, you can mail me money as well although I won't be responsible if your cash/check gets lost in transit. I'll talk with niilo to make sure this is still the plan.

It appears that the second spreadsheet may go up late tonight.

I strongly suggest that everyone wait for the quote from the distributor before submitting payment. Reason being is that the actual prices versus the prices in the catalog are usually different by a few cents a pound. Also, doing it this way means that only one transaction per person is required as opposed to making more than one to compensate for the price discrepancies. But you can do as you want of course. I'm just receiving the grain at my place. Let's get this wrapped up before the nasty weather starts to move in. $0.02.

Sent from my Android phone using Home Brew Talk

Bill, I'm not accepting payments until we have a spreadsheet updated with amounts from mid-country. I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of adjusting costs afterwards. It'd be a nightmare. I'm not giving out my paypal info until we have this info ready.

Wernerherzog said:
Bill, I'm not accepting payments until we have a spreadsheet updated with amounts from mid-country. I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of adjusting costs afterwards. It'd be a nightmare. I'm not giving out my paypal info until we have this info ready.

Good idea. Any idea how many sacks are required to get to 42 on the second pallet?

I'm already in for a few on the second skid...if it helps to make the limit minimum...my arm will twist easy for another 1

Niilo or anyone let me know.. thanks Dave

So this is what I have so far for the second pallet. I didn't plug any numbers in like on the first one because those were just guidelines to use but I do have the quantity. Please let me know if there are mistakes or if I left anything out, I'm sure I did. Also for reference here is the first pallet spreadsheet. The Prices are just guidelines. They should be cheaper since with a second pallet we will be at the 4,000 lbs. mark. Please let me know if I left anyone out or if I missed anything. And we do need more to hit the full pallet so if you want more let me know. I did leave the spreadsheet open to anyone with the link so you can go and edit it but please let me know if you do. Cheers!

Niilo

OK, I think I updated the spreadsheet with mine...

Just in case, I added:

(1) CM-2ROW Canada Malt Canadian 2 Row
(1) CM-SPLI Canada Malt Superior Pils
(1) CM-MUNH Canada Malt Munich Malt

Thanks,

Bobbo

I added mine to the list as well, two bags of Canadian 2 row.

If things are short, I might just snag a bag of Munich or something else as well for S's n G's. :)

Btw, we're currently at 27 Sacks.

I don't see my order on the spreadsheet for the second pallet. I emailed you Monday I think.
2- Canadian 2row
2- Bairds Maris Otter
Thanks,
Bill Scott

Bilboa, sorry you got left out, I've just added your order to the spreadsheet. We're looking at 11 more sacks open.

(Meant to write 'sorry' biblioa, apologies ;)

Begin2Brew said:
Where will the pickup location be?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Home Brew Talk

At my shop which is in the vicinity of Grand and Cicero avenues. The exact address will be given to those who participate in the buy.

There are 11 more sacks left open before the second pallet is maxed out and this buy is officially closed. For those who have already ordered please check the spread sheet for any errors. This might be a good time to perhaps add to your order. For those who haven't placed their order requests yet, in the words of the Bad Finger song, you better hurry 'cause it may not last.

bmason1623 said:
At my shop which is in the vicinity of Grand and Cicero avenues. The exact address will be given to those who participate in the buy.

I'll be coming down from Antioch and have a pickup. So if anyone wants to pitch in for gas I'd be happy to deliver as much as I can up North. PM me if interested.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Home Brew Talk

We're down to the last 10 slots for grain and I want to make sure there aren't a few people who want to buy into a split sack. Belgian Aromatic? Biscuit? Chocolate, Roast? Any of those things you don't use a lot of but are tired of paying big prices for per lb? Post what you're looking for and how much you'd buy in.

Please post that here and not on the spreadsheet, until you've finalized the amount of people, etc...

I'd be interested in going in on a few things if there enough others participating...

Perhaps 1/4 sack of any or all of the following:

Chocolate
Biscuit
Belg. Aromatic
Crystal 40
Rye

And perhaps 1/2 bag of wheat.

Any takers?

I'd be interested in going in on a few things if there enough others participating...

Perhaps 1/4 sack of any or all of the following:

Chocolate
Biscuit
Belg. Aromatic
Crystal 40
Rye

And perhaps 1/2 bag of wheat.

Any takers?

PM box full.... I'd be in for half or 3/4 of Crystal 60 (I need something a bit darker than 40 to balance my buckets of 10 & 20) or half of aromatic and/or chocolate. I'm in for a CMC white wheat on the first pallet that I'd be willing to split.

PM box full.... I'd be in for half or 3/4 of Crystal 60 (I need something a bit darker than 40 to balance my buckets of 10 & 20) or half of aromatic and/or chocolate. I'm in for a CMC white wheat on the first pallet that I'd be willing to split.

Thanks mvanwie. I'll split your wheat. (from 1st pallet)

If anyone's interested in a share on the 2nd Pallet, just copy and update the list below until we hit our number:

FB-SPAR Belg Aromatic- Mvanwie (1/2), BobboVR6 (1/4), Room for another 1/4
FB-CHOC Chocolate- Mvanwie (1/2), BobboVR6 (1/4), Room for another 1/4
5351 Victory- BobboVR6 (1/4), Room for another 3/4
GW-C60 Crystal 60- Mvanwie (1/2), Room for another 1/2
GW-C40 Crystal 40- BobboVR6 (1/4), Room for another 3/4

FB-SPAR Belg Aromatic- Mvanwie (1/2), BobboVR6 (1/4), Wernerherzog (1/4)
FB-CHOC Chocolate- Mvanwie (1/2), BobboVR6 (1/4), Jim Chochola (1/4)
5351 Victory- BobboVR6 (1/4), Room for another 3/4
GW-C60 Crystal 60- Mvanwie (1/2), Room for another 1/2
GW-C40 Crystal 40- BobboVR6 (1/4), Room for another 3/4

4 now. (Niilo, I removed my 2-row on the first list and added it to the second in order to keep the pallet sizes right, decided to get it after all).

2nd pallet is filled! Closed, we can do a waiting list in case there are people that can't pay. I'm still waiting on wegz to finalize his order, too.

We'll get a quote and then put together the amounts due. Stand by til then!

Let me know if it turns out to be no pays...I was gonna fill those last few last night to expedite ordering..my brew bud decided to open his wallet

Once we get the quote I will pm everyone that is on the spreadsheet and plug in all the amounts due. Hopefully early next week.

I'll send the link for the quote to both niilo and wernerherzog for everyone to see si they can submit payment to whoever is handling that.

Niilo,

I just emailed you. I will help out and take 2 more sacks. 1 each of the Bairds Maris otter and the Canadian 2row. Also if I can get 2 bottle of star san 32oz that would be great. Let me know.

Thanks,

Bill Scott

Niilo,

Just sent you a sent you a PM.

Are there enough people waiting to get a third pallet? I need about 6 bags between me and a friend. And maybe a split of C-120 if there is enough interest.

Back