Beer cruise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner5360

Reaction score
My other HBT folks going on the 2011 beer cruise. I guess I should have asked before today since it leaves today

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Are you talking about this cruise?

BL-cruise-poster-201x300.jpg

My idea of beer hell on earth,....

This one is put on by The Celebrator and Beer news magazine. And so far we have had a few good brews from some Seattle craft breweries like Elysian and Pike. It's a Celebrity cruise so a bit better than carnival. And it's my honeymoon!

So we docked in Ketchikan this morning. On Friday we had a meet and great on the boat first thing then some local Seattle breweries were pouring on board. Have to say I'm quite impressed with Elysian's pumpkin ale. Later that evening we had our first beer tasting. Trumer pils, Hoegarden, Alaskan summer ale, Racer 5, and a few others. Excellent beer excursion thus far.

Does the one in the new england area serve MN, VT, and NH breweries? Cause if it did...this would be...awesome... Pricey??

acuenca said:
Does the one in the new england area serve MN, VT, and NH breweries? Cause if it did...this would be...awesome... Pricey??
I'm not sure this is my first I know that the travel agency did a east coast cruise last year up to Canada, but I have no idea what beers they had.

Airborneguy said:
Enjoy it! I'm sitting in the terminal waiting to go on my carnival cruie. Im praying they changed the beer menu since last year. It was my only complaint.

This is my first cruise ever and I am very impressed with celebrity so far the room is amazing and the service is top notch. Hope yours is as enjoyable

Gunner5360 said:
I'm not sure this is my first I know that the travel agency did a east coast cruise last year up to Canada, but I have no idea what beers they had.

This is my first cruise ever and I am very impressed with celebrity so far the room is amazing and the service is top notch. Hope yours is as enjoyable

Also price isn't bad we paid for the beer ahead of time but pay a "capping" fee fir each beer.

Carnival has a new exclusive beer, Thirsty Frog. Not bad for a guy like me who doesn't like hoppy beers. Their catch phrase is "Live Thirsty". I have no clue how they got away with that (Dos Equis).

The highlight of the whole trip though was hanging out with the brewer at the Dockyard Brewery in Bermuda, the only brewery on the island. He makes an awesome porter and gave me some tips to improve mine. They sell exclusively out of two pubs on the island, one connected to the brewery. Worth the trip if anyone is in Bermuda.

So apparently celebrity is picking 10 craft beers to carry on their newest ship and if that does well then they are going to add 50 craft beers to the whole fleet. We toured 8 different breweries/ brewpubs. Geoff, Marcy and Curtis from Alaskan brewing had a crab feed for us which was awesome. And the 4 major brewpubs in Victoria B.c. Hosted tastings for us as well. We had 4 tastings on the ship all of them featured 10-13 beers each time. I really don't know how I'm functioning today without eating or drinking something every 2 hours

Back