Bubble Gum Beer!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecancel

Reaction score
I started a bock a few months ago and got sent to cali on an emergency business trip. So the carboy was left unattended in my apartment for a week above 80 deg. Anyway I did'nt through out the batch I bottled it and decided I'd put it in a closet and forget about it for a while.

Well a little over a month later I had some friends over and they wanted to taste a home brew, told em none were ready for consumption. after a while I agreed to let them taste one. My friends wife tasted it and said "wow it tastes like bubble gum its fantastic" she asked if I could make more for her and said that her friends would love it. I politely advised that I would never intentionally brew this again.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them? where an abomination that you would hide away in your closet gets rave reviews from an uneducated drinker?

I wouldn't complain too much if it tasted like Big League Chew and I was watching a ball game. But yeah, I'd chalk that one up and move on. My best friend gave me an honest BS assessment on my first batch and said it tasted like high octane fuel smells yet he still asked for more. This was before I discovered the wonders of a swamp cooler. No complaints since.

yea I got called off to fix one of our call centers and I was not able to babysit the cooler.

I brewed a Wit that ended up as bubble gum beer. It wasn't quite that hot (probably mid-upper 70s) but it was definitely a bubble gum beer. It was still drinkable and dissappared quite rapidly (bubble gum wit => drunk chicks).

Once again a guy is shocked to find that many women prefer sweet or fruity :ban: beers (sorry, no bazooka icon). Rather than being upset, you should refine the recipe to ensure future support for your hobby.;)

Back