Your Favorite Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your Favorite Type of Hop

• Admiral, Challenger, Northdown, Target

• Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo

• Cluster, Aquila, Banner

• E.K. Goldings, Bramling Cross, First Gold

• Chinook, Northern Brewer, Brewers Gold, Galena

• Nugget, Bullion, Pearle

• Columbia, Fuggles, Willamette, Styrian Goldings

• Crystal, Hallertauer, Mount Liberty(Liberty)

• Lublin, Saaz, Tettnanger, Ultra

• My Favorite Hop is Not Listed

Results are only viewable after voting.

digdan

Reaction score
I've noticed that every brewer is partial to one type of hop. Thought I would throw a poll out to see what yours is. I know that there is only 10 poll options but I thought I would give it a try anyways.

what? no warrior?

edit: no simcoe either? there's a large contigent of simcoe-lovers cropping up around the country.... they might lynch you.

Depends what the purpose

Warrior or magnum are my favorite bittering hops

Perle or saaz are my favorite flavor hops

cascade is my favorite aroma hop

What would Warriors be paired with? Nugget?

Lou said:
what? no warrior?

edit: no simcoe either? there's a large contigent of simcoe-lovers cropping up around the country.... they might lynch you.

According to the poll, I seem to be of the majority opinion. But I like amarillo more than cascade or centennial. It seems a little more earthy and less in-your-face citrusy.

Right now, I'm using Target, Northdown, Fuggles, and East Kent Goldings... Loving what I can get by mixing those four up... Even got some Fuggles and EKG whole hops for dry hopping...

Since you didn't have that combination, and you can't select more than one listing, I'm not voting... :drunk::mug:

Back