Need help with ABV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejudge

Reaction score
First batch of cider is done and now clarifying but I'm confused on the calculations to figure my abv. My start was 1.7 and finished with .99. I keep coming up with diff number ranging from 93... To 104... Ugh please help.

First batch of cider is done and now clarifying but I'm confused on the calculations to figure my abv. My start was 1.7 and finished with .99. I keep coming up with diff number ranging from 93... To 104... Ugh please help.

Do you mean 1.07?

But yeah 9.2-9.4 depending on temp and physical accuracy...in that area.

I think so, my hydrometer say 1. And goes up from there. And thanks guys I think I was doing it correct then.

Another question, I want to back sweeten this batch. Do I need to pasteurize it with this amount of abv or will it be ok not to.

I used red star wine yeast, it was all I had. It only fermented for 12 days and started to back suck. I left it for a additional 2 days checking the gravity with no change.

Latest posts

Back