shipping up to Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastAndy

Reaction score
Im headed to boston at the end of august. Staying in Waltham, have a car will travel. Any good beer lists in town?

Try the Sunset Grill and Tap Room in Allston. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but they have a pretty nice selection and I've always enjoyed it.

Ya, the Sunset has a nice selection of beers. Unfortunately its packed to the rafters with pimple faced, 21 year old BU students from Bayone, NJ and their pain in the ass obnoxious bimbo's.

Maybe you'll like that sort of thing.

Nah, you won't. It sucks. Stay home. You can thank me later.

PTN

Try the following:
- Sunset Grill and Tap (restaurant + lots of beers)
- Cambridge Brewery Company (make their own brews and good food)
- John Harvards Brewery (make their own brews and good food)
- British Beer Company (restaurant + lots of beers)

There is also a belgian beer fest sept 9-10th (sept 9th is night of the funk, and sept 10th is the belgian beers) - http://beeradvocate.com/bbf/. I'm going to be going for the night of the funk!

There is also supposedly another good place like the BBC and Sunset that just opened up in Cambridge, MA which I'm trying to find the name of. I've heard lots of good things about it and I'll let ya know if I can find it.

vandykee said:
Publick House. Has a secondary, dedicated bar JUST FOR BELGIANS. Nuff said.

Sounds like my kind of place. Thanks for the replies.

Publick House
Deep Ellum
Bukowski's (either of them)
Lord Hobo
Cambridge Brewing Co
Kinsale

I have said it before a bunch of times.... I wouldn't drink at Sunset for free.

Another place in Cambridge just opened - Meadhall in Kendall Square. Really great selection on tap. Better than Lord Hobo.

I'll vote for John Harvard's too... I enjoy going to the one very close to me (they have one in Framingham)... Enough brew choices to make almost anyone happy... Plus the head brewer is one smaht lady... ;)

bad coffee said:
Right downtown there's Jacob Worths.
Boston beer co, supposedly a great tour. Never did it though.

B

Jacob Wirths is a great place. Right between the Theatre District and the now faded from it's former 'glory' Combat Zone. You can catch a show, quaff a few brews from around the world, enjoy some first rate Continental dining and catch a 'social disease' all within a convenient few blocks. Nothing wrong with that as a way to kill an afternoon.

The tour at Sam is lame, it's targeted at your Uncle Lou from Podunk, Arkansas, who thinks drinking anything besides Bud smacks of communism. You'll be bored 15 second in.

Thanks for all the replies, we are flying out tonight and will be there until Tuesday. Hopefully this storm doesnt ruin my bar hopping plans.

Back