olllllo's Brewery Open House

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
olllllo is having an open house on March 10 at his Phoenix brewery.
azmtnbiker and 1 other brewers will also be sharing their brew here as well.
If you chose to attend you need not feel pressure to supply any beer, however inter-brewer trades are always welcome.

PM me if you are interested.
Be prepared to answer one of SWMBO's, "How do I know he/she isn't an online freak?" questions.:D

I am prepared to do the same.

olllllo said:
Be prepared to answer one of SWMBO's, "How do I know he/she isn't an online freak?" questions.:D

I am prepared to do the same.

LMAO!
My wife was the same way when I was planning to meet up with homebrewer99. "It's not like it's myspace or anything."

You never know, someone may be posing as a homebrewer in order to take advantage of you. :)

desiderata said:
LMAO!
My wife was the same way when I was planning to meet up with homebrewer99. "It's not like it's myspace or anything."

You never know, someone may be posing as a homebrewer in order to take advantage of you. :)

ollllllo can only hope.. olllllo can only hope:D

Dude said:
Damn.

I wish I had a SWMBO that could get me a cheap ticket! :D

I'd love to visit the old stomping grounds again!

Have fun at the open house!!!!!

But Dude, he said NO online freaks..... :D

Man, oh man what a blowout.

10 tapped beverages. Fresh brats and sausage. Fire pit. Overnight temps in the 70's.

All I could do on Sunday is catch up on Season 1 Lost episodes (I watched 8).

Thanks to azmtnbiker and wild for bringing their beers.

Sounds like a great time, man. How many people turned out? Were any of them freaks?

(I'm assuming you've kept certain recent HBT "events" secret from SWMBO? ;))

No "bunny boilers" (orfy's words) this time. Had a great turnout of 30ish.

Chimone and DesertBrew would have had to stay in town (Several hours drive) so I wasn't expecting them. DB had something else going on and if you've been following his threads, he's had a rough couple opf brewing weeks.

I thought I was happy with the sweetness of my milk stout, but wild's Obsidian clone was awesome. It had more body and sweetness than mine.

Webcam. I would have had to have 3 or 4. The whole house and backyard were rocking.

The coolest thing was switching out the kicked Apfelwein for another keg of Apfelwein. Made it seem like a real festival.

Lotta people loved and hated me for that.

Forgot to mention that I had friends make Zwiebelkuchen, Beer Cake and Treberbrot.

The Treberbrot was made from spent grains from a Milk Stout that I made.

I'll post pics. Not sure if I took pictures of the food.

Glad your party was a success olllllo! Yea, I couldn't make it up there this weekend Dude although would have if I didn't have conflicts.

As for my bad batch of luck. The hefe just had a blow-off but is fine. And the pub ale has actually started tasting ok now Dude. WTF was wrong when it was young I have no idea. Not great but not undrinkable like it was early on. I think I rushed it for my party. Lucky I didn't dump it!

Wish I could have been there-we were actually in phoenix that day, but I didn't even bother suggesting it to SWMBO because of the "online freak" thing. Plus, we had our kids along and I wouldn't want to subject anyone to that:eek:

Sounds like it was a blast!:mug:

olllllo said:
The coolest thing was switching out the kicked Apfelwein for another keg of Apfelwein. Made it seem like a real festival.

Lotta people loved and hated me for that.

Sweet! I wished I coulda been there. It is an awsome feeling to watch the faces of those who blew the keg when I bring a fresh chilled one out of the garage ready to go. That happy feeling pretty good face, ready for another cold one go to CRUSHED, go to feelings of elation!:ban:

desiderata said:
LMAO!

All the better we met at the Food Court for luinch on post first...:D

My wife is the same way.

Back