Bulk grains and shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acarlon

Reaction score
I am in the early stages of my home brew adventure and after my recent purchase of a refrigerator for the sole purpose of storing brewing ingredients I decided that it was time to stock up and by in bulk. I want to by 50-55lb bags of grain and various hops by the pounds.

I first looked at the prices at my local home brew store and found that it would not be reasonable to pay double the price. After a lot online searching I found reasonable hops pricing (including shipping), and great grain prices, but was stopped in my tracks when I saw shipping prices. I live in Atlanta, and considering that the locations of all of these vendors are across the country, UPS was trying to shake my wallet dry (shipping on $50 55lbs of grain on average was about $40).

Does anyone have any suggestions, of how or where I could by bulk grains and not double the price on shipping? (I could not find any local places in Atlanta that sell bulk).

Thanks!!

Back