FG 1.000 ? MW Honey bee ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travlin

Reaction score
Ok so, I brewed a MW Honey bee ale Extract kit, All went well no problems at all ... Brewed on 4/7 went to second fermenter on 4/12 SG was 1.046 which was fine and when racked to second was 1.006 which is well under the kits instruction sheet that called for a low of 1.010 so thought I would wait a few days and let it bubble itself out, Sooo 3 days later i just checked it and am getting a reading of 1.000? Can this be? I have about 6 of these extract kits under my belt and no problems at all but this has me a bit stumped .. I have seen some variations but nothing like this ... Oh , and other than flat it doesn't taste to bad Sooo what do you all think. I've just never seen this large a variant. Thanks

Depending on the temp, your yeast strain may have been more active and dried it out more. It happens, the kit instructions cannot provide for all the variables, no sweat, bottle it and drink away. It will be good.

Don't panic your reading is probably right. That was the first beer I ever brewed and it finished at 1.002FG. It tasted like champagne. Crystal clear, light and refreshing. If you get the kit again, try adding .5lbs of the honey to the secondary for a hint more honey flavor and aroma.

Back