Beersmith priming sugar calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to enter a new batch volume for the priming sugar calculation. The volume at pitching is what I consider the "batch size" but the volume changes by the time I rack into the secondary and rack into the bottling bucket. This throws off the volumes of CO2. I don't like changing the original batch size because it throws off the estimated gravities.

just adjust the batch volume to get your priming sugar needs, than adjust your carb vols to the amount of sugar that you put in that way you will know the amount of sugar needed to carb that recipe

that is what I do with my brews

just adjust the batch volume to get your priming sugar needs, than adjust your carb vols to the amount of sugar that you put in that way you will know the amount of sugar needed to carb that recipe

that is what I do with my brews

...I don't like changing the original batch size because it throws off the estimated gravities.

I like having everything in the recipe correct, and I don't always do exactly 5 gallon batches either. That way when I come back months later I'm not scratching my head about if that was my actual batch size or what OG I was originally shooting for.

You can always leave information about your batch sizes / og estimates in the notes. I don't know how to help you with your problem, but the beersmith guys always respond in their forums.

Doesn't beersmith have standalone tools you can access in the program to calculate those things (without going through the recipe)? I know in promash it has a CO2 calculator (amongst others) that you just input the amount of beer being primed and the temps and volumes you want and it will spit out amounts for you.

I use the calculator under the tools menu and stick the sugar I add into the notes section, but I agree with your point; it'd be nice if I could independently change the final batch size that's going to go into the bottling bucket for the carbonation calculator that's built into the recipe.

Rick

Latest posts

Back