tecnical terms made easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

home brewer

Reaction score
i am new to home brewing just started with my first lager kit and i am struggling to understand all the tecnical jargon on here. i,e rack it in the wine section.
would it be possible for some of you more experienced brewers to list the terms in plain english so us less experienced brewers can understand.
maybe we could make a dictionry of home brewing terms.
many thanks

John Palmer has an online book at www.howtobrew.com.

If you click on "SITE MAP" after entering the site, one of the first things in the book is a glossary that should clear a lot of things up.

And, as always, people here are friendly and willing to clear up confusion or give you definitions.

"Racking" is the process of moving the liquid from one container to the other (normally by siphoning.) I just looked, and Palmer doesn't have that term in his glossary... strange.

-walker

Any of the mods out there...is it possible to have a glossary page as part of the site? And how about a brewing calculator while I'm at it? ;)

Latest posts

Back