Questions about brewing preferences in Beersmith2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavdowg

Reaction score
Forgive me as I've just recently purchased BS2 and am learning my way around it. I'm getting pretty comfortable with it but have some questions that pop up as I enter my recipes. One of my questions is how can I save certain preferences so that certain steps always show up as a default in every recipe w/out me having to select it. For instance, I'm a batch sparger so is there a way that a specific mashing style will always show up in my recipes so I don't have to specifically select "Single Infusion, Double Batch Sparge..." every time I enter a recipe? The same goes for carbonation-I keg my beer so can I set BS2 up to default to the "Keg-Force Carbonation" setting every time?

Under the Profile tab on the left side you can select your Mash, Fermentation and Carbonation profiles. This will put all of those into your recipes eliminating the need to select them each time.

Sithdad,

Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn't work. For some reason it works for the equipment profile but it doesn't work for any of the other profiles. Why is that? It seems like it should work for all the profiles but if you try it it doesn't default to those selected profiles when a new recipe is made.

Try tools > options. I remember setting myself up as the default brewer there, not sure if its what you're looking for. Sorry, on my mobile right now or I'd check it out better.

Back