Keggle Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it will do the job. One review listed this as a problem.

Only complaint is the safety shutoff. While I understand the reasoning for this it almost creates more of a safety issue. If you are not paying attention and the timer runs out, it requires you to take the pot off and relight the burner ... can be a problem when its full of hot oil.

I would not want to lift a hot keggle of wort to relight if it went out due to some timer.

Just my two cents.

Might I recommend looking for 40 qt aluminum pots on ebay - seller is instawares? I got mine for $50 after shipping.

I needed all 10 gallons of space for a wee heavy I did recently. 7.5 gallons will get you by but may limit some versatility in the future for all grain and if you want to do bigger brews that sometimes require extended boiling for multiple reasons.

You can find a 4 leg 40,000 BTU burner at Home Depot for $40.

I know this would $12 more than what you are looking at but it allows for more space for bigger brews, no safety shutoff that may cause you problems, and the stand for the burner is a hell of lot more sturdy than the one you have linked looks like it is.

:tank:

Unfortunately this is the burner i already have and it did not shut off on me on my first full boil two weeks ago. I just was thinking about making a keggle and was hoping the burner had enough power to get it boiling

You should be fine then. You may have to get a couple of pieces of metal to go across the top to make the keggle sit on it properly though.

Back