Wonder what this is making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have put into a frementing container sugar warm water and bakers yeast (read why i used bakers yeast in Bakers or Brewers thread) and now it is slowly starting to ferment what is it going 2 make? like pure alcohol & water or what? :confused:

Unless you distill it or something, I think it is going to contain, yes, water and alcohol, but also some flavor agents from the fermentation process, yeast flavors, etc. Since most beers that contain alot of sugar often end up tasting sort of cidery, I wouldn't be supprised if this tastes sort of like that. And as far as the flavor profile of Bakers yeast, I have no idea (like bread?). Let's just hope that the yeast was fairly pure, and was able to outcompete any wild yeast or bacteria, because those could give it some really weird, unpleasant tastes. Just curious, why are you brewing up sugar water? Just an experiment? As an actual beverage, I imagine finding different ingredients (such as malt, grape juice, cider, honey, etc.) would lead to much more enjoyable drinking.

The only time I've ever brewed something like this it was headed for the still. ;)

Now I would use brewers yeast instead of bread yeast as the finished product had a nasty sour bread flavor.

D-brewmeister said:
Unless you distill it or something, I think it is going to contain, yes, water and alcohol, but also some flavor agents from the fermentation process, yeast flavors, etc. Since most beers that contain alot of sugar often end up tasting sort of cidery, I wouldn't be supprised if this tastes sort of like that. And as far as the flavor profile of Bakers yeast, I have no idea (like bread?). Let's just hope that the yeast was fairly pure, and was able to outcompete any wild yeast or bacteria, because those could give it some really weird, unpleasant tastes. Just curious, why are you brewing up sugar water? Just an experiment? As an actual beverage, I imagine finding different ingredients (such as malt, grape juice, cider, honey, etc.) would lead to much more enjoyable drinking.
Hahahahahaha, yer mate just an experiment!

Back