Deal or No Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheZer

Reaction score
Picked this stuff up at a community garage sale for $100. Anyone know how much a used jockey box like this is worth? Each coil must be at least 50' S/S.

CAM00089R.jpg

CAM00091R.jpg

I bet if you tried to piece that whole thing - from tanks to taps - together on any of the larger brewing sites you'd be up to $500 in short order.

I think that officially qualifies this score as a steal :ban:

Cheers!

[edit] If you're parting this out, I agree the box alone is worth $150 +/-. The tubing alone would cost ~$120 or more...

If you don't want to use it as a jockey box, you could sell those stainless coils as wort chillers for $50 a peice and have a complete 2 keg fridge set up for free.

I say score!

(BTW if you decide to do that let me know:) )

Those look like 120' coils based on the change in tubing size from the back to the front. I think its 100' of 3/8" and a 20' section of 1/4" as a choke. So each coil new would be about $180...ive been checking out coils for a build.

Those look like 120' coils based on the change in tubing size from the back to the front. I think its 100' of 3/8" and a 20' section of 1/4" as a choke. So each coil new would be about $180...ive been checking out coils for a build.
You are right. The 3/8" gets reduced to what looks like 20' of 1/4" tubing. What exactly does the 'choke' do? Reduce foaming?

Also, the two cylinders are 10lb each, but they are out of date (2005). However, they are both completely full of co2, so if co2 doesn't go bad, I'll be set for a good bit.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the jockey box. I have a brother that's just getting into brewing and may be interested.

Back