New Brew Dog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shivalotus

Reaction score
Recently adopted a new Shih Tzu and decided that I should brew a celebratory ale. Settled on an APA with Belma/Cascade. Day started off as normal until I realized that I was a little low on propane.

So I leave the freshly milled grain in the kitchen, grab the propane tank and run down the street. During all this I'd noticed there was a shortage of coffee so I decided to hit both errands while I was out. As I'm standing in line I get a series of frantic texts from my wife.

It would seem that the new brew dog has decided to take a more active role in the brewing. She got into the kitchen and buried her face in the grain and was munching away when my wife caught her. My wife was concerned about whether she could eat the malt. I told her the dog would be fine. Her very next text is about whether the beer will be okay. I told her it would be fine.

In the end it looks like I'll have a great story to go with this recipe. Now I just hope it tastes good so I have a reason to keep making it.

shivalotus, you're lucky to have a wife who is not only concerned about the dog, but also THE BEER! I hope it turns out good. You could call it SHIH TZU SLOBBER ! :mug:

Back