I've just dumped a beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
292818_10151134262584067_1634282051_n.jpg
408095_10151134262639067_81199964_n.jpg

Greene King's "The Beer to Dine For." Evidently it is a re-branding of Greene King Hop as a beer meant to be paired with food. It has to be the most tasteless and boring beer I've ever tasted. But Light is even more "complex" than this colored water. I'm not going to waste precious liver cells on this crap.So down the dumpster it goes.

I'm going to keep the bottle for meads though.

There's a review that aptly describes this wretched thing here.

Hahahaha .... I never thoguht I would hear that dumped a beer until I realized it was something that you did not brew...,

Sounds perfectly boring........

This thread caught my eye, too.

One of the first threads I read on HBT was the "never dump your beer" one, so I had to look.:D

have had a bottle of the Greene King IPA and wasn't overly impressed. Not bad but just nothing special. Greene King are the owners of Morland brewery, Old speckled hen, old crafty hen and old golden hen, being their signature brews, and, thankfully, there seems to be quite a difference between the Morland and GK products,,,,,,,,,,here's hoping it remains that way:tank:

I was thinking the same thing. Like WOW! Did somebody dump a half gallon of bleach in it? Cause of course everybody knows if it was only a couple ounces, it would condition out...

I think the title caught everybody's attention.
Dumping a bottle of commercial beer is perfectly understandable. I've had a couple that weren't worth dirtying my tongue.
In fact after going to a rogue brew pub for the second time last night, I believe you are just as likely to get a wild bad idea brew in a night of sampling as something really good from them.

After traveling around the UK for 6 weeks and returning to Canada I learned that Real ale just can't be captured in a bottle or can.... It has to be pulled from a cask or gravity fed.

Heh, I fell for it, too. I saw Revvy as the author of a dump thread, and was expecting radioactive byproducts in the beer, or animal feces, or racking onto undiluted iodine... or something.

For the record - that bottle LOOKS disgusting.

I had Greene King IPA in England (translate: fresh) and I wasn't impressed. This one sounds boring too. I've fed many boring commercial beers to my compost heap.

It's a rather attractive bottle for mead, though.

I dumped a Lagunitas Hop Stupid and a Lagunitas Undercover shut down ale. Both were too alcoholic and bitter to be enjoyed.

OldWorld said:
I dumped a Lagunitas Hop Stupid and a Lagunitas Undercover shut down ale. Both were too alcoholic and bitter to be enjoyed.

You've been very outspoken on your disliking of IPAs, so why would you buy one called Hop Stoopid?

I dumped a Sam Adams root beer that was in a 4 pack sampler.Luckily it was 1 of 4 different beers.

And I was once thinking of dumping two bottles of Samuel Adams Dunkelweizen from a 12-pack sampler (on sale)... I don't know, it may be just me - I strongly dislike any wheat beer. Well, I fought the temptation with success, and finished both bottles :)

I used to dump a lot of brews that I would drink now. I feel that my taste buds have changed after making homebrew. I used to drink Miller lite now it taste like rat piss. Still dont like IPA`s though yuck!

Aw, I really wanted to know what would constitute a valid reason for dumping a batch....

However, I'm surprised this story didn't end with a re-capping and re-cellaring. Maybe another few years of bottle conditioning would have done the trick? :mug:

I can't say I've ever dumped one but Revvy's subject definitely had the desired effect. I did leave a 2/3 full glass on a restaurant table recently and ordered a new beer, though. It was a restaurant in North County (unbelievably excellent food and great craft beer selection) that had contracted a single beer from a Temecula brewery to put on their beer list. It was a cream ale that tasted like creamed corn. I've never had such a poorly brewed beer made by a commercial brewer before.

Back