need some honey malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crown_cres

Reaction score
hi there does anybody have a local source for honey malt in the okanogan im in vernon. james at brewmart does not have any and i dont want to buy a whole 25kg sack from Gambrinus any info would be great

Wifey wants a honey raspberry (spanish peaks sorta ale) I will go halvsies if you want. Is it crushed already? I have no mill. Let me know big guy, we'll figure something out.

Cec
Spokane Wa

icon_confused.gif

well i am just looking for a local source of heney malt in the kelowna /vernon british columbia canada area because i only need like 7lbs of it and dont want to have to go to GAMBRINUS MALTING witch is 25 min away from me but i have no need for 25kg if anyone locally wants to go in on 25kg sack that would be great as for northern brewer i don't want to buy from online and have to get it shipped across the border to canada.

I hope by needing 7 lbs of it that you are going to do either 14 different 5 gallon batches, or a 10 bbl batch, because that much honey malt in one beer will be disgusting.

You have to use that stuff sparingly, half pound at the most as a specialty malt in a 5 gallon recipe.

It certainly isn't a base malt. A little goes a LONG way.

Back