What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it is on to the final beer for tonight. Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, ARE YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDYY??

We have a bomber of Kaiser. An Imperial Oktoberfest from Avery Brewing Co. Bottled in 2008. Clockin' in at 10.03%, this beer has a distinctive spicy, malty profile. Taste is of fig, cinnamon, cherries and a hint of chocolate. WOW!! It is good.

Damn I am drinking batch #10 and it is a smash. Used golden promise and willamette. 2 oz. from 10 min - 0 min. Not much on flavor but if the aroma is not incredible. Spicy, orange, grapefruit is what I smell. I think i may have to start dry hopping with this hop.

founder's double trouble IIPA - i think i'll bring some to Dark Lord Day.

Enjoyed a St. Bernardus Tripel earlier and it was great (could have been more enjoyable if the Huskies had won...) Just finishing up a HopDevil, thought it was pretty solid.

Williamsburg Alewerks
Grand Illumination Ale
An American Barleywine Style Ale

Very good barleywine, very dark in color and rich in flavor. It has a good sized head and lacing sticks to the glass even when the beer's gone. Pretty good head retention as well, it took a long time for it to subside. It smells a tad smokey but doesn't taste it, and is rich with bitter hops.

Lost Coast Great White.

The only stuff left in the fridge are the one my wife likes to drink: Hoegarden, Great White, and my strawberry blonde. It's not that I don't like them, but I'm in the mood for something else.

I have a bunch of stuff in the pantry that I think I'm going to put in the fridge to drink later.

I spent last weekend in San Francisco(brought back beers of course) Tonight I drank a couple of 22 oz. Bombers...Speakeasy PayBack Porter,Double Daddy IPA and finally a can of Monks Blood from 21st Amendment brewing...it was a good night indeed

Just finishing up a Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot, quite enjoyable. One of my first Lagunitas beers, def need to try some more. I was a little surprised when I cracked it, only thing I initially smelled and tasted was grassy/cirtus hops. Not much malt or "chocolatey" taste as listed on the bottle. After sitting a bit and warming up the malt came through a bit more and created a good balance, but I'm still not getting the chocolate...

Southern Tier Brewing Company
Gemini (Imperial IPA)

Fairly hazy golden amber color, medium head and it doesn't hold it for very long. Slightly malty and very hoppy aroma, but the flavor is far more balanced and has a much stronger hop flavor than the scent. Alcohol is 10.5% ABV and to be honest it hit me like a bag of sand and it's pretty hard to type right now. Great Imperial IPA, if it wasn't so expensive I'd buy it again. I recommend it.

Southern Tier Brewing Company
Gemini (Imperial IPA)

Fairly hazy golden amber color, medium head and it doesn't hold it for very long. Slightly malty and very hoppy aroma, but the flavor is far more balanced and has a much stronger hop flavor than the scent. Alcohol is 10.5% ABV and to be honest it hit me like a bag of sand and it's pretty hard to type right now. Great Imperial IPA, if it wasn't so expensive I'd buy it again. I recommend it.

heck yea- southern tier is one of my fav breweries. anything they put in a bomber is tasty. had a oaked unearthy and a cherry oaked saison last night. have a back burner barley wine waiting 4 tomorrow. IT'S ALMOST HOP SUN TIME!!! http://www.southerntierbrewing.com/for download page/downloads_hopsun.html

New Belgium Ranger IPA

I bought a bomber to try it. Good, but not the most spectacular IPA I've ever had either. Clean malt profile, a little heavy on the biscuit/toast for me, but not as much as I've had in others. Not over the top by any means, but I don't think that's what NB is going for anyways. Easy to drink, and by IPA standards, sessionable. And for a $2.99 a bomber, not a bad price.

Congrats on the job friend. I am drinking Sierra Nevada XXX Aniversary. It is so Tasty!!

Earlier I had a Dragon's Milk. New Holland. Oak aged. It was very good.

A pint of my Ordinary Bitter.

Did a series of tests on back-sweetening my blackberry wine last night ... lots of tests:drunk:

Next time I need to take better notes.

Dark Horse Scotty Karate. Amazing ale! It does taste a bit different on tap than it does bottled, however. Still a great brew, but at 9%, it's no session beer, unless you're digging in for a long night.

I started tonight with a Kona Firerock Pale Ale.

Then I decided to tackle a whole 22oz bottle of Port Brewing Old Viscosity myself. On glass number two right now.

I forsee passing out shortly after. This beer is strong.

Finishing up a Ninkasi Total Domination IPA (not as intense as the name suggests, but still pretty good). Getting ready for a hop assault on my taste buds tomorrow. I.P.April at Beveridge Place Pub

Latest posts

Back