Painted Bottle Labels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveM

Reaction score
Probably most of us have seen those great bottles that Stone uses, with their labels screen painted (or printed) right onto the glass.

Does anyone know of a source for small runs of similar painted on label bottles? I would love to have a few cases worth. I bet they are very expensive if they are available at all but I would like to know for sure.

Edit - I mis-wrote - Stone, not Rogue.

Stones and SOME Red Stripe bottles (only half of the ones I have, which I think means they switched paint at some point) can come off with starsan...

But the procedure is outlined here...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/another-good-use-starsan-32159/

IIRC you soak for a couple weeks, rinse, let dry naturally and the paint flakes off...

I've done it with Stone...but have had no luck with rogue...

If I read the question right, I think you want to add an image to a bottle in the way that Stone does. In that case, what you are looking for is a screen-printing solution. Specifically, you need to find someone who can do cylindrical screen printing. Here are a couple options I found with a quick google search:
Custom screenprinting on anything from t-shirts to sport bottles.
Custom Screen Printing Company - Unique Assembly

Good luck, and let us know if you find something that works out. I'm certainly interested.

Oops I misread...I though the op wanted to remove the stuff...this is the first time someone has wanted to paint them...:D

Some people have talked about using glass etch and stencils on bottles..

But rather than pay for a run...why could you just do a vinyl stencil and use standard glass paint from an art supply store...

Your best bet is to get some card stock and cut out the areas you want painted with an exacto knife, then spray paint the bottle through the "stencil" that you made. I'm not sure if you need special paint to stick to a bottle though....

Back