Nor*Cal home brew club help w/ name.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are going to start up a brewing club here in Redding and I am looking for some cool name ideas. Here are a few things about our area.
We are in
Northern California
Redding
Shasta County
Also (kind of) known as River City
We can see Mt Shasta, Mt Lassen and Shasta Bally
We are also known for the Sundial Bridge and our River trails
Sacramento River winds it’s way through our wonderful city

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Heck we can make it a competition, if you want to help, and your name is chosen (it has to pass all the members as well) I will personally send you a California Brewing Company T-Shirt for helping out.
See my website for what the T's look like
Fresh Brewed Attitude
Cheers and good luck
JJ

Yes, it's in a premium only section - and it's in the 'Homrebrewtalk club' section - which is (I guess in general) for stuff relating to HBT's AHA affiliation as a club, not for talking about clubs in general.

I'd ask it to be moved to general. :)

I kind of like the NorCal plug myself, and since you've got quite a few other cities around it would be good not to alienate people from Red Bluff, Anderson, etc.

1. NorCal Brew Club
2. NorCal Brewmeisters
3. NorCal Brewers Alliance
4. NorCal Brewers Guild
5. NorCal Homebrew Club

On another note...where do I sign up??? :D

Redding Ale & Lager Producers & Handlers.
Redding Enthusiats of Things Concerning Homebrew.

;)

Thanks for the input "Keep it coming"
THB I will let you know where and when to sing up and where and when the meetings are going to be. We have about 20 people interested so far. Things are looking up!!!!

Cheers
JJ

Remember there is a CBC shirt at stake here! Help me out.

I would like to see an acronym or something like that that has to do w/ the area.

Like Oh I don’t know
B.E.E.R
Brewing Enthusists ___________ of Redding

Or
B.I.E.R
Brewers In _________Redding
Brewing In ________ Redding

It's not the hour drive up that I'm worried about, it's the drive back :drunk:! Most of the time, I can hold my own just fine...but every once and a while at our brew club it's "Barleywine Night" and I end up having to call a cab home. Well, that's when I'm only 3 miles from home...75 miles away is a different story. Hmmm, maybe if Jaybird is cool with me rolling out the sleeping bag in his brewery?

hrmm well shasta and lassen are both volcanos so you can call it
twin peaks brew club.
or
shasta lake brew club

shrinking lake brew club.

if you want to be more general to northern northern california, you could go with state of jefferson brew club.

It's not the hour drive up that I'm worried about, it's the drive back :drunk:! Most of the time, I can hold my own just fine...but every once and a while at our brew club it's "Barleywine Night" and I end up having to call a cab home. Well, that's when I'm only 3 miles from home...75 miles away is a different story. Hmmm, maybe if Jaybird is cool with me rolling out the sleeping bag in his brewery?

Ya I remember those nights comming back from the Chico home brew club meetings. It's a loooooooong drive after sampling many brews. We would go to the tap room and eat first before making the drive.

Man, your always welcome! My brewery is always open and always has beer! But I think we can do better than a sleeping bag in the Brewery.:D

1. NorCal Brew Club
2. NorCal Brewmeisters
3. NorCal Brewers Alliance
4. NorCal Brewers Guild
5. NorCal Homebrew Club
6. North State Brew Clan
7. Redding Braumeisters

Redding Ale & Lager Producers & Handlers.
Redding Enthusiats of Things Concerning Homebrew.

twin peaks brew club.
or
shasta lake brew club

shrinking lake brew club.

state of jefferson brew club.

NorCal Mashers

Ok
So.. In the running for the Fresh Brewed Attitude shirt is:
TwoHeadsBrewing
944play
pen25
holden

Any one else want to join in and be a part of naming our club?

Calimash/Calimashers? - "We're a drinking club with a brewing problem"
NorCal Calimash?
Brewing.In.Effing.Redding?

If you're not opposed to wearing pink polos with a starched, turned-up coller, maybe "The Golden State brewers association":cross:

Jaybird, here is my entry.

Redding Rackers
Mountainside Mashers
Northern Brewers
Shasta Spargers
NorCal Alesmiths
Central Valley Craft Brewers

Well we have had the meeting and we had the vote. The name for our new club is
Shasta SOB's
I know that the name is not Nor*Cal SOB's but I am going to award the shirt to onejdn anyway just for coming up w/ the SOB's thing..
Cheers and thanks to all that helped.
JJ

Latest posts

Back