Just Finished First Year OF Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbridges01

Reaction score
Fellow Brewers -

First year of brewing is complete. Here are my stats:

19 - 5 gallon batches
- 13 were speicalty grains with extract
- Last 6 were partial mash with extract

1 - Only one bad batch - some type of infection

950 - ~ bottles of beer

336 - bottles left (not sure what happened to it all - must have pissed it away):cross:

Moving to all grain and limited kegging in 2008

Happy Holidays :drunk:

Hey congrats. I'm at 10 months and doing my 20th batch this weekend. In the last 3-4 months I've moved into kegging and AG. You won't be disappointed :mug:

I've done 15 batches in my first 5 months. I love this hobby.

I second moving into all-grain; it's made a huge difference in the quality of my beer.

Kegging is also a great move. I don't keg (yet), but who can deny the general coolness of taking a draw of homebrew off your own tap?

185 gallons in 9 months if I count the two 5 gallon batches that I'm doing tomorrow.

Wow! Some of you guys brew A LOT. I don't drink that much, so I only need to brew every other month or so to stay stocked up, and I share a good bit of my beer.

Lil' Sparky said:
Wow! Some of you guys brew A LOT. I don't drink that much, so I only need to brew every other month or so to stay stocked up, and I share a good bit of my beer.

Sharing is why I brew so much. Poker games once a month at the house and having 1 or 2 guys over to brew when I brew on the weekends = a lot of beer brewed but not consumed by me.

Lil' Sparky said:

If it were up to me I'd brew 100 times more than I do. Regardless of consumption, I love to brew. If I had the time, money, storage, etc - I'd be well over my legal limits...

Back