OktoberFest Contamination?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcarrio

Reaction score
First post!!
THe first 24 hours after adding liquid yeast = no visible results. I removed airlock and stirred well with a "sanitized" spoon. Next 24 hours = fermentation began. Its now 72 hours in and the beer looks like this, will I have SOUR oktoberfest beer now ???????

IMGP1550.jpg

IMGP1551.jpg

It's healthy fermentation. Leave it be and start another batch. Welcome to the addiction.

Thnks for the quick responses.

I thought it might have gone bad due to the sourer than normal smell and the delayed fermentation. I've had a previous brew that had these symptoms and turned SOUR!

my next brew:

Screen shot 2012-10-10 at 8.41.15 PM.png

surfers should be easily visible and can be identified by their possession of the pungent cousin of hop, which they burn regularly. they are dangerous as they will not so much infect as drink dry a whole carboy. but, if you keep the carboy very, very still, the surface will go slack and the surfers will go elsewhere

Back