Who is your brewing partner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A longtime friend and I got into this a few years ago and have been brewing batches together ever since

I've tried my old man, both of my younger brothers, and even my girlfriend...to no avail. Turns out the most loyal brewing partner I have is my dog. Now I call her the brewdog :cool:

My aussie keeps me company

image-2305788997.jpg

One of our cats likes to supervise. He knows that there are times when I'm not busy and am available for petting duty and isn't afraid to ask for it.

'I brew alone, yeah
With nobody else
You know when I brew alone
I prefer to be by myself'

I gotta be honest, the post above and one of the very first replies are right on. Brewing is one of my only me times with a wife and a 2 year old. Occasionally I do ask my wife for help bottling when my auto siphon needs priming with the bottling wand attached. I can get it primed on 3+ gallon batches but 1 gallon not so much.

I'm sure I will end up with a brew buddy or two when we get into a new place and I get a basement/garage taproom up and running but until then, i'm happy with my alone time

My kids are all grown up, I've been divorced for years, and when either one was in the house there is no way I could have had all this beer sitting around without someone getting into lots of trouble.
Brewing for me is a way to enjoy time by myself.

I brew w/ both my kids (27 & 32) when they're available. Other days I brew one or w/ a variety of brew "buddies" when their brew schedules allow or I go help them brew.
An occasional solo brew is good, too

My daughter (12 at the time) used to like to do the jet bottle cleaner. Then she'd lose interest with the rest of the process. Now she just rolls her eyes at the whole thing. She's 15 now.

Now that she's 18 and in college she has become interested again, but only in the final product, red cups, and ping pong balls.

There's a giant jade plant living in the brewery that I occasionally talk to... Does that count?

Latest posts

Back