Bar/ brewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m25wilson

Reaction score
I have the beginnings of my bar/ brewery at least organized today. This will be a long process but everything for the keezer was ordered today. I still have to add to the brew rig to get it the way I want it but I think the progress is good. Will keep posting pictures as I go.

I am planning on a coffin for the keezer at some point. For know will be picnic taps. The book shelf on the far left is for bottle conditioning and empty storage shelf next to it holds my small wares (hydrometer, thermometers, siphon, etc) and will end up with a mini fridge on top. Then the keezer, then on the right of that I have an extra Jaegermeister machine from my bar (commercial I own a restaurant and bar). It is an old computer desk so I will have a pull out laptop shelf.

Then the brew rig. I am going to extend the mlt shelf to get a better flow from the hlt and so I don't have to climb up that high.

I think the picture attached if not I will try again. Also the bud light sign is the only neon I could pull from the bar! Don't give me crap about BMC! Haha

image-2276764424.jpg

Also I know the picture is bad. Did it with my phone. I will be sure to get better pictures as the build progresses.

Can't see your rig very well, but it looks like you've got quite a nice brew area.
Good luck!

Like I said will get better pictures. I have a 2 1/2 car garage that was always just home to the Harley, mower and tools. So some serious modification has been done once this addiction started!

Just used the new rig today. The first all grain I have ever done is boiling away. Seems to have come out ok.

Looks like you got an awesome space there! First order of business, quit repping Bud Light! JK!

My biggest suggestion I can make is to make sure you are able to take care of catastrophic spills if (when!) they happen, especially since you are mixing bar/brewery or work/play as I like to call it.

It looks like that floor is a well poured concrete so thats a good start. I have to deal with my crappy broken concrete floor in my garage and its a god-awful pain cleaning spilled wort.

Not ripping bud light at all actually drinking one as we type. Just didn't want other people to. I am about 1 1/2 hours from st. Louis so bud light is king here no matter what. And the spills are a pain since all fun is in one space but like you said easy to clean with this floor. It is nice and level with no cracks. Can't believe the wife let me do this but I didn't argue. Can't wait until the kegging supplies come next week. I have a bock that has been ready to bottle for two weeks just waiting on bottles or kegs. Such an exciting build!

Woop New Bar Build! Subscribed!

Good luck on the build. I know this is a "brew beer" site but for some reason i spend 90% of my time in the DIY / Build section and am loving every new post. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Back