Boulevard Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deprecated

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy several of the Boulevard Smokestack series of beers. One of the local liquor stores where I live had a 4 course dinner set up with each course including a beer pairing from Boulevard. Unfortunately I was unable attend.

I did attend the same liquor store's "Spring Beerfest" today which included over 75 different beers. I'd probably pick O'Dell's St. Lupulin as my favorite beer tasted there that I had not had before.

What imperessed me the most, however, is that Boulevard founder/president John McDonald was at the beerfest serving beer and visiting with anyone that wanted to talk about beer. I realize it's not that big of a deal, but I did appreciate the fact that we was willing to just hang out and chat with folks while he could have just as easily been on his way back to KC after the dinner event.

If you've not tried any of the Boulevard Smokestacks, I'd recommend that you give them a chance. May not be to your liking, but I do enjoy them.:mug:

I love the Double Wide, and am drinking the Dark Truth stout as I type. Wonderful beers!

how is that dark truth? i've been threatening to buy a bomber of that recently.... i do enjoy their beers. the double wide is a nice, cheap IPA to have around.

Here's my review:

Boulevard Dark Truth Stout :

Appearance: Black beer with a thick head of whipped cream consistency.

Aroma: roasted malt, cocoa, figs and dark fruit.

Flavor: roasty, coffee, cocoa, woody with a beautiful hoppy finish. Delicious.

Mouthfeel: medium to heavy body, nicely carbonated. Rich mouthfeel, even though the body is a bit lighter than most big stouts.

Overall: A really nice stout. Boulevard’s Smokestack Series is wonderful, and this stout doesn’t disappoint. The 9.7% alcohol is well-hidden. 48/50

I had double wide once like a year ago and it was way sweet and underhopped for my preference. I have heard that are making it drier and hoppier now.

I really enjoy the Tank 7, Saison Brett, Sixth Glass, Imperial Stout (from last year) and the Bully! Porter though.

Single Wide is an odd beer, its like a pale ale in terms of strength but hopped like an IPA.

It's funny that I would see this post tonight. Until this morning, I had never heard of Boulevard (don't get it here in Ga), but after seeing the saison brett on BA, I ended up calling the brewery this morning to get some more info and then called a buddy to help me get a hold of some from TN in July. Can't wait!

Back