What goes with T-Bones?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Try to get a gasser to do a 800 degree sear on a T-Bone. :D

This is right after a flip before I closed the lid. I sear 60 seconds each side, then rest 20 minutes and then dwell 4 min. per side at 400 degrees.

T-Bones.jpg

I can't eat a steak in a restaurant anymore.

My wife and I make a mushroom-wine topper for the steaks when we grill.

1 - 16oz pack of sliced mushrooms.
1/2 of good sized Onion Sliced into strings.
1/3 Stick of butter
Healthy Splash of Holland House White Cooking Wine.
Few sprinkles of worchestshire sauce

Melt butter in a pan. Through in onions, cook until soft. Add Shrooms, cook for a few minutes, Add about 1/4 cup of wine and a splash of worchester just for color. Simmer until the white wine boils down.

Pour over steaks or serve on the side.

I suppose an Edworts Haus Pale Ale could be a good substitute for the white wine.

:mug:

BTW - According to Garret Oliver, "Brewmasters Table"

Best w/ Steak: American Amber, American Brown Ale, Altbier, Porter or Dubbel.

:mug:

bigjohnmilford said:
you're just trying to make everyone jealous. It worked. :mug: looks good

Thanks. You are right though. :D I had a nice big fresh salad with it. They turned out great. No beer though. :( Still working on dropping some pounds.

I've been able to enjoy my beers 1 -2 days a week and still lose weight this way. Down 24 lbs. since Jan. 3rd.

EdWort said:
Thanks. You are right though. :D I had a nice big fresh salad with it. They turned out great. No beer though. :( Still working on dropping some pounds.

I've been able to enjoy my beers 1 -2 days a week and still lose weight this way. Down 24 lbs. since Jan. 3rd.

nice work, I know I haven't dropped much but I have't kept up with no beer end of things. One of these day's I'll have to put up some pictures of grilled or smoked meat and make some folks jealous too. Keep em coming Ed. :mug:

When is the last time you got your cholesterol checked?:D

But seriously, that looks fantastic. As do all of your other grilling/smoking p0rn.

BrianP said:
When is the last time you got your cholesterol checked?:D

But seriously, that looks fantastic. As do all of your other grilling/smoking p0rn.

Thanks. I get a checkup every year, and so far, my blood sugar, cholesterol, and all the rest are normal.

Keep on Grillin! :rockin:

There are only 2 things that go with a T-Bone....

A fork and a knife.

PS - I've seen people skip them both before ;)

As you can see, I just discovered the Cooking Forum......

After your 20 min rest, toss a little Mesquite in there. It does wonders for beef.

Back