Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chopper......

ForumRunner_20130125_235021.png

This is ozzy, my Australian cattle dog. Brew partner, mt bike partner. SAR partner.

Ozzysnoww2.jpg

Ozzysnoww.jpg

Ozzyorange.jpg

Wow, nice looking dog! For all you folks with Australian cattle dogs or blue heelers, are you happy with them? My aunt and uncle have a blue and he was the quickest study I've ever seen. Definitely considering that breed when I can get a dog, but any good dog that comes our way will be welcome. :)

Oh man... one of my dogs LOVES snow. We don't get much here. I remember last year when we got a spatter of it, only about an inch, and my dog runs out and face plants in it... right into the gravel.

I had a dog that loved snow, but had never seen sand. First time we went to the beach, she tried the snowplow nose routine dogs love. She wasn't too happy with her face full of sand, but it was hillarious to watch.

Oh man... one of my dogs LOVES snow. We don't get much here. I remember last year when we got a spatter of it, only about an inch, and my dog runs out and face plants in it... right into the gravel.

My dog is the same way. We can get as little as a dusting, and he wants to go outside to play in it non-stop. He waits for you to kick a little snow up in the air, then he jumps up to try and catch it in his mouth.

Wow, nice looking dog! For all you folks with Australian cattle dogs or blue heelers, are you happy with them? My aunt and uncle have a blue and he was the quickest study I've ever seen. Definitely considering that breed when I can get a dog, but any good dog that comes our way will be welcome. :)

He's hard headed, troublesome, and the best dog I have ever owned. He's Search And Rescue certified, k9 good citizen, avalanche rescue. Smart as a whip. He knows what I'm going to do before I do it, Wakes me up every morning 5 min before my alarm. Knows his left from his right, can run off leash next to our behind my mt bike for 30 miles or more.

Thing with cattle dogs, if they aren't kept busy ie. They don't have a job, they get bored and WILL get into trouble.

Thing with cattle dogs, if they aren't kept busy ie. They don't have a job, they get bored and WILL get into trouble.

Yeah I've heard that, also about border collies. Apparently some people are starting to rent or buy sheep for their dogs, haha. Perhaps a couple of sheep or goats would be in order...

Yeah I've heard that, also about border collies. Apparently some people are starting to rent or buy sheep for their dogs, haha. Perhaps a couple of sheep or goats would be in order...

That's why we do SAR, and at least an hour long mt bike ride or run every morning. Smart high energy dogs need to be entertained. Herding dogs are not for un-active people. We also own goats, ozzy takes it upon himself to make sure they behave.

From left to right schotzie, 90 lb American bulldog, Elanore, 30 lb Boston terrier possibly boxer mix, and Charles Montgomery (Mr.) Burns 30 lb pure bred Boston terrier.

image-1242636763.jpg

image-3790013936.jpg

image-1189487285.jpg

My new brew dog Sarah. She is a 3 year old Pitbull mix. I'm thinking she has a significant amount of pointer in her but I'm not completely sure.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

So very true - Nikki is our second ACD and she definitely needs activity. Our last cattle dog, Kronk, loved to herd the grandkids while they lived here. Cancer took hoim from us and we made it 1 year before getting Nikki.

Picture of Nikki in an earlier post.

been 3 years since this freckle-faced boy rescued us. this past year was a rough one for him, but he pulled through and the BigHair and I are looking forward to many more years with the Howdy.

but Howdy... you have a comfy bed in here, why do you feel the need to drag your cushion out of your crate into the office to lie on that instead?

IMG_8310.jpg

Meet Frank the Tank. Only 19 lbs but you would swear he was a Sherman when he hits your lap at full speed.

Rescued him about 9 years ago. He is approximately 11 or 12 at this point and still going strong.

2256_1097537239867_2906_n.jpg

His older sister Daphne is camera shy but we occasionally get a picture. She is 13 and in heart failure at the moment. She already survived two ruptured discs and partial paralysis but so far the heart failure is not slowing her down much. Her heart is nearly 4 times the size it should be though.

Here they are together.

2256_1097536679853_4053_n.jpg

frank01.jpg

image-3040733245.jpg

Vegas GSP and Riley Boxer/bulldog ( making a break for it)

I put a video of Vegas on YouTube under 13 yr old GSP still walks fences. He's 14 next month and still a character.

I've got to get a picture of Buster on here. He works in quality control. He lets me know if the grains I'm brewing with are up to par, so far he's given me "two-paws-up"

Maximus, pure bred boxer. Rescued off the streets in San Bernadino, Ca. And made his way up to the Bay Area.

image-2296167840.jpg

image-4025274014.jpg

image-714116132.jpg

image-2404594795.jpg

j1laskey said:
That's my best buddy behind my pint

Looks like my boy Mr. Burns. Have a female too. Love Bostons will probably always have two from now on. They're especially awesome when sitting on your lap and letting you smell how much they love you. Lol

image-1709579285.jpg

Latest posts

Back