I've never seen anything like it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty cool using an old stove with 4 electric elements bolted to the bottom of the kettle. $1,000 seems pretty steep for $150 worth of stainless steel and an old scrap stove but that did take a LOT of welding work!

Either there is additional big heating element inside this BK/fermenter or he is doing no chill and no boil brewing because i dont believe you can boil 30gal with elements mounted on the outside like that

My large burner won't do a five gallon batch and he says this does 30? Skeptical.

My single large burner on my stove will bring 6.5 gallons to a boil. I'm just saying that to point out that not all stoves are equal.

That being said, I agree that the way he has it set up doesn't look like it would work. You would lose so much heat out and away from the kettle, much more than you would put into it.

At least when it's on a stove, the stove top acts as a reflector/insulator.

Ahhh man, I live about 10 miles from this guy. I really should go check it out for the HBT team. I would love to see the one that "that looks better but is still basically the same thing".

Ahhh man, I live about 10 miles from this guy. I really should go check it out for the HBT team. I would love to see the one that "that looks better but is still basically the same thing".

LOL do it. I like to hear more about it. Looks crazy don't think I would want that thing in my house.

I started with malt extracts and it does work but I found that all grain makes a much better beer than malt extract and because you can steep up to 30 gal you can get the most out of your grain without having to mix extra water in later and bland out your beer.
So anyone else think he misunderstands the process of AG brewing?

Just ask for a demo to verify it will boil 30 gallons adequately. Take video. :D

I couldn't think of anything but the video Heavy Metal Parking Lot when I saw Glen Burnie. Interesting idea but it looks sketch as all get out.

Latest posts

Back