What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now and forever henceforth referring to rauchbier as bacon beer. Haven't had one yet that didn't have the distinct aroma of bacon. I've heard of one, but never had it, that is actually brewed with bacon. This one is the baconiest beer I've had yet.

20121123_193712.jpg

Not a damb thing :smack:

I screwed up and let my pipeline run low, then gave my last 4 IPAs to my son and didn't even know he had a sixer of my Hef in his fridge.

It's too soon for my Spiced Christmas Ale and my porter is going into my very first keg... yet I still need a fridge:cross:

My Red Ale is only 2 weeks in the fermenter

Basically, I'm hosed

And NO, I won't drink the Hammer 30 that was left here a few weeks ago :cross:

So today I headed to my LHBS and bummed a couple glasses of Smoked Sage from them :ban:

Toy4Rick

In Bristol TN enjoying the local beers by Wolf Hills - a great cream ale with, I think, honey malt. It's called "white blaze honey cream ale."

I've got a bottle of Unibroue 17 Grand Reserve I'm dying to open but I told the lady I'd share it with her, So I cracked a Brooklyn Local 1 instead. Always a wonderful beer.

image-3273072257.jpg

Sierra Nevada Narwhal. I think I'm going to pick up a six pack of this and forget about it for a while.

seatbelt123 said:
In Bristol TN enjoying the local beers by Wolf Hills - a great cream ale with, I think, honey malt. It's called "white blaze honey cream ale."

You local or just visiting?

Edit: of course your not local or you'd know you're in Abingdon. ;) At least you are if you're at the brewery.

Of course the app crashes when I try to attach pics of this sxnw.... Anyways, it's an interesting beer. Not crazy about it.

Edit... It looks like the pics did attach, lol

ForumRunner_20121123_221246.png

ForumRunner_20121123_221337.jpg

ForumRunner_20121123_221444.jpg

allenH said:
Sierra Nevada Narwhal. I think I'm going to pick up a six pack of this and forget about it for a while.

I just grabbed 4 - 4 packs today and am going to age them for a year. Totally agree!

Anchor Christmas Ale and homebrewed bourbon barrel ale.

I keep seeing people mention SN Narwhal...I really need to find some!

drainbamage said:
Anchor Christmas Ale and homebrewed bourbon barrel ale.

I keep seeing people mention SN Narwhal...I really need to find some!

Narwhal is really good, at 10.2%, it's a little boozy. With age, it could be outstanding.

nukebrewer said:
Another great one from Clown Shoes. Picked one up today since I am at my in-laws' for the weekend.

That sounds really good! I haven't seen that one available to me down here. There's quite a few clown shoes here. I hope they start carrying that particular one here.

allenH said:

Went to the bottle shop today, looking for this. Sadly they didn't have any, so I asked the manager to try and get it for me. I hope it's as good as all the hype....

HoppyDaze said:
I used to drink the hell out of this. Need to get one tomorrow for ole times sake

I got a gift pack from whole foods that also had the oatmeal stout, India ale, and a pint glass. Merry Christmas me.

Back