Two Regulator's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakehale

Reaction score
Need some help folks.

I bought a requlator with "Y" fitting to charge two Kegs. The regulator has a hi press and low press guage.

fast forward.

I bought another regulator so that i can do two different pressures. the newly bought regulator came with two gauages, hi and low press.

What i want to do is connect the two regultors. I see them all the time on ebay. i figure remove the hi press guage off of one of the regulators and attache to the other regulator with a brass pipe.

problem is I can't find the brass pipe to connect the two. i apprears that it is a different type of thread than what i can find at Home Depot.

you guys got and ideals?

I purchased both regulators from Kegcowboy and they are the "premium" ones with the red knob for press addjustment.

thanks

Yes some regulators use left-handed threading for those connections. You should be able to find the necessary hardware at any of the keg/beverage supply places.

As the above stated, some regs use LH threads and others use RH threads. If they're identical regs they should have the same threading directions. Keep in mind that he high pressure ports may have different threading than the low pressure ports. If the two regs have opposite threading directions, they make pipe that has both RH and LH so you can join them.

I've seen the pipes at Midwest Supplies, off the top of my head. I did the exact thing you're doing last month. When I was asking about it people mentioned that you can't use just any pipe since it's the high pressure ports you're joining. Do you have a desired vendor? My LHBS hooked me up with both the new reg and pipe.

Back