Going with the trends... Craigslist Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlyingBeer

Reaction score
I was starting to feel left out by all the other great buys members had been having on craigslist... until I got my own. Check it out.

craigslistkit1.jpg

Here are all the goodies:
  • (2) 6.5 gal. glass carboys (He claimed the taller one without a handle is 7 gal., I guess I will find out when I mark the measurements on the sides.)
  • 5 gal. glass carboy
  • (2) carboy handles
  • bottling pail and bottle filler
  • red capper
  • ~100 caps
  • (2) airlocks and stoppers
  • universal carboy cap
  • funnel
  • hydrometer
  • carboy and bottle brushes
  • bottle spray washer
  • siphon and tubing
  • "The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing" book
And the grand total? $40!! I priced the setup out at NB and it weighed in at around $100-140 so I'm quite happy with the find and most of it should be put to good use soon. Won't be using the bottling equipment for now as I have a few kegs to fill first but it will be good to have for the occasional bottle filling.

Sweet! Now with a little Starsan, apple juice, dextrose & Montrachet wine yeast you can get a batch of Apflewein going in about 15 minutes (includes sanitizing one of those 5 gallon carboys). Nice haul!

SCORE!!! I once scored 3 six gallon carboys, 3 5 gallon carboys, a few buckets, capper and some well used brushes PLUS a Blue Rhino full propane tank and a old burner(similar to the bayou classic SQ14 but much shorter, and very banged up) for $120.00... my brother loves it! After about 5-6 hours of cleaning none of the gear looked that new&clean(you could tell it was well loved). That was still a good deal, but this deal... holy crap! $40.00 for that? That's less money than a 8% super hopped up batch of beer! I LOVE CRAIGLIST!!!!

EdWort said:
Sweet! Now with a little Starsan, apple juice, dextrose & Montrachet wine yeast you can get a batch of Apflewein going in about 15 minutes

Pretty much my idea as well, just posted a thread in the cider section about the batch I brewed today, not quite your Apflewein but similar, can't wait 'til it's ready.

Grimsawyer said:
After about 5-6 hours of cleaning none of the gear looked that new&clean(you could tell it was well loved).

I am pretty sure the guy only brewed a couple batches with the equipment as it is all basically spotless (I was expecting the worst for $40). The carboy's were wet as if he had washed the dust off of them. I must admit this was my first venture into craigslist but I am very satisfied, two of the three carboys are already full! :mug:

Back