Fridge on Carpet ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stench

Reaction score
In the process of gathering my brewing supplies and I have been able to get a free kitchen size fridge from my inlaws's home renovation! The only place I have to put it that is not out in my basement garage is on carpet in my basement office. Floor underneath is concrete and we have a low pile industrial style carpet. Will this be ok or should I put some plywood, etc underneath? There will be no ice maker or water lines to the fridge. Hoping I can make this work as Lagers are my favorite styles!

I don't think a fridge sitting on carpet is a problem. As far as I know the heat exchanger or whatever its called is on the back of the fridge. I'm no expert, somebody here on HBT will give you a more accurate answer I'm sure.

In the process of gathering my brewing supplies and I have been able to get a free kitchen size fridge from my inlaws's home renovation! The only place I have to put it that is not out in my basement garage is on carpet in my basement office. Floor underneath is concrete and we have a low pile industrial style carpet. Will this be ok or should I put some plywood, etc underneath? There will be no ice maker or water lines to the fridge. Hoping I can make this work as Lagers are my favorite styles!

get one of these to put under the fridge in case of an explosion:

CvV0IGs2GEHswxHBIRdvl3qtG0gdDrUzmKP2WdzyJwB_S59CSfcsmVvgjWJ9Y5mJ1TT2uH1tpvKdr--ELOQR_yK5ZwITsp2JH1_d0bnJ27byOry8xvCrSsp9-1_7SZAQHPbnUnrFSiBPXi3-J3es39ofPahD_8t7Duo

(it's a washer pan)

There are tubes on the bottom that are accessed from behind the front grill panel that need to be cleaned periodically. A vacuum wand is good for this. It won't get as cold if you don't keep'em clean.

Back