Have a Belgian pale ale partial mash recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandBrewer

Reaction score
Im looking for a BPA that isn't too hard to brew. Maybe with some orange peel, coriander, and hibiscus but not required. I just really like BPAs and would like to attempt one, but I can't find a good partial mash.
Thanks,
Mike

If you can find an all-grain recipe you like it is easy to covert, just swap out as much of the base Pils malt as you want for Pils LME.

I just did a simple ~5% Belgian blond: enough German Pils (mashed at ~148 F) to get to 1.048 (if you are using a lot of extract adding 5% table sugar might be a good idea as well to boost attenuation). 90 min boil with 22 IBUs of Hallertau Tradition at 60 min, plus a small addition of Hallertau Tradition and Styrian Goldings with 5 minutes left in the boil. Fermented with WY1214 (White Labs 500 is the same strain from Chimay) around 68 (any higher and it turns into a banana bomb).

I'd skip the spices first time though. If you taste it at bottling and think it needs a boost you can always add a spice tea to taste.

Thanks for the idea I think I'm going to try one with a few of spices for my next batch and convert an all grain recipe I found.

I did one that is an extract with steeping grains that you convert easily to partial mash

8oz caraviene
4lbs Pilsen DME
1lb wheat DME
10oz sugar

Styrian Goldings to 15.9IBU at 60
Saaz to 8 IBU at 30

.25 oz orange peel @10
.5 oz coriander @10
.25 minced fresh ginger @10

3522 yeast.

very nice easy drinking brew.

Back