Samuel Adams Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyerStraightsBrewing

Reaction score
I am looking for Sam Adams Octoberfest Clone.....I have searched and searched the forum and found various post, but no direct responce to a clone recipe that is designed to be a lager and for AG brewing. I want to make a batch that is fairly accurate since it is my fathers favorite and his birthday is mid summer and I would like to get started on this soon. Any help to cloning this recipe would be great...I am newer to brewing AG so including amounts within the recipe would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Their website lists the ingredients for all of their beers. If you want ingredient amounts you'd need to include your system efficiency, and batch size.

Info they give:

Original Gravity: 13.6° Plato
Alcohol by Vol/Wt: 5.3%ABV - 4.1%ABW
Malt Varieties: Two-row Harrington and Metcalfe pale malts, Munich-10, Moravian, and Caramel 60
Hop Varieties: Tettnang Tettnanger and Hallertau Mittelfrueh Noble hops
Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams lager yeast
-----------------------
16 lbs Pale
2.5 lbs Munich
1.5 lb C60
Mash ~152 for 60 minutes

Bitter to 20 IBUs with an addition of Tett/Hallertau at 60 min (the amount will depend on the AA%), then add another .5 oz of Hallertau with 15-20 min left in the boil.

OG 1.055. German lager strain of your choice (~6L starter). Ferment per the yeast's profile (~50 F), FG 1.014-1.015. Lager 4-6 weeks close to freezing.

Not saying it will get you there exactly, but it will be in the same general ballpark.

Good luck.

Back