Love PID vs. Auber PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerklein2

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Love 16C series along with the Auber 1/16 DIN series. Anyone have any insight as to why the Love controllers are twice the price? Their functionality seems near identical.

Along those same lines, what about the universal Auber makes it cheaper than the SSR control specific model? I understand it can do relay output or SSR control, which seems like more functionality. What else am I missing on the universal one ?

Either the Auberins PID you linked or THIS ONE will work very well for you. Both have temperature control and manual control. The manual control allows you to set the % of power delivered to your boil kettle. The one I linked also uses fuzzy logic which allows you to control the HLT water temperature a little more precisely.

The Love controller controls temp only.

I guess it all boils down to what your intended use is. Electric brewing, refrigeration control, or - ???

Anyone have any insight as to why the Love controllers are twice the price?

Bigger company has better pricing power with end users. They most likely deal with larger customers who are not bargain hunting.

Having dealt with customer service from both companies I can flat out tell you that Auberins is superior by 1000%. The rep from Dwyer was downright stupid and not all that knowledgeable about the products.

Either the Auberins PID you linked or THIS ONE will work very well for you. Both have temperature control and manual control. The manual control allows you to set the % of power delivered to your boil kettle. The one I linked also uses fuzzy logic which allows you to control the HLT water temperature a little more precisely.

The Love controller controls temp only.

I guess it all boils down to what your intended use is. Electric brewing, refrigeration control, or - ???

That's the same Auber I linked, no? Sounds like Auber is the way to go. I was much more familiar with Love having used them professionally, so I figured the name recognition was a big part of it.

Back