Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AGBrewer said:
sophiawinford.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to resize

did you make this yourself, or was the cart bought like that?

I am looking at using that cart from academy sports, and attaching a shelf to the top some how for a mlt..

AGBrewer said:
sophiawinford.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to resize

Looks sweet but is missing this:

Info on the insulation please. Do you leave it on when the burner is on?

JohnDeereOval.jpg

Yeah I built it myself. The insulation is reflectix from lowes layered over and over. I do leave it on when the burner is fired up but only on very low heat. I also welded the drain holes on the bottom skirt closed to avoid burning the insulation. It's funny that you mention the john deere because it is actually john deere paint.

I thought it was JD green and with the yellow valve handles it was a match :)
To save some time I use high heat to heat the mash water at the same time the sparge water is heating. I figured I wouldnt be able to insulate it unledd I put it on and take it off each time.
What are you using for a lid?

Dang, there are some really purty breweries here guys. I use a simple 3-tier gravity fed, but I have a Lauter Grant/Pump combo that I move wort with when needed. I'm not posting pics of the brewery in this thread till I do my beautification project after Christmas. Just had to post to say great job on everyone's rigs and wow to some very sweet ones.

Lil' Sparky said:
Here's mine. I'm also putting together my single tier stand designs now. It'll be my spring DIY project. ;)

Do you notice any significant decrease in the amount of usable propane from your tank with such long fuel lines?

modenacart said:
Do you notice any significant decrease in the amount of usable propane from your tank with such long fuel lines?
Not that I can tell. That's a 10 psi regulator, and I have no problem boiling 13+ gals in the boil kettle. I'm not a gas/fluid expert, but I'm not sure what difference 3' vs 10' would make - apparently very little.

I use a March pump. It's mounted on the stand right in the middle on the bottom. Before I had that, I used a wort wizard. I went with the low brew kettle height to try and keep the overall height down. If you want more details on dimensions, etc., send me a PM. I'll be glad to help out. I also helped Dad build one and we used hard plumbing on his. I like that design better. Here's a few pics to give you an idea of what his looks like. I can give you some details on that, too.

Cheers :mug:

Heres mine its all electric with 4500 watt elements, Built it myself with some help from my brother in law.

DSC01437.JPG

DSC01433.JPG

DSC014351.JPG

DSC014341.JPG

My DIY Brew Rig. Made with costco shelves and angle iron. It's bolted together as I don't know any welders. I could dissassemble it and fit it in my car if I really wanted to brew somewhere else.

Picture is a little old, I've mounted the pump onto the frame and made a wooden box out of the particle board shelves I didn't use to protect the cooler from the burners.
brew.jpg

Since this thread got dug back up, I thought I'd add my new single tier. This pic is from a recent brew day when we had them both going. The 3-tier has a new home now.

Got a fancy new full false bottom from jaybird, too. Works GREAT!

One more pic...

Here's mine, almost done, doing the natural gas plumbing on sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to chicago just to drink good beer all day, then I need to figure out what paint to use as the grill paint I bought to paint it with tonight seems to be problematic for others, ie rusting through after a year or so.

Started 3 tier, still is 3 tier but with a dump style mash tun.

stand.jpg

P2040002.jpg

2174480658_1b0d7fdace.jpg

It's a work in progress. Here it is on the first day of the build. The burners mount on clips directly below the kegs. The project is nearly complete and is scheduled to brew on saturday.

bevoduz said:
Here's mine, almost done, doing the natural gas plumbing on sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to chicago just to drink good beer all day, then I need to figure out what paint to use as the grill paint I bought to paint it with tonight seems to be problematic for others, ie rusting through after a year or so.

Started 3 tier, still is 3 tier but with a dump style mash tun.

stand.jpg

P2040002.jpg

I'm digging the tippy dumpy design. Doesn't look very 3-tier, though. Looks pretty much single tier unless my eyes deceive me. ;)

Also, is your pump mounted in that 1st pic? It looks like it's just hanging there.

Ice cream machine stirrer motors work great too. Lots of torque, and a slow enough turn speed to not aerate your mash.

I love his stirrer setup though, very cool all stainless like that.

joel.e said:
a work in progress... copy of AGbrewer (hope you don't mind)

IMG_1252.jpg

Nice work there, friend! Very similar to mine as well. I'm digging those gianormous burners! How long until you get to put it to work?

Lil' Sparky said:
Nice work there, friend! Very similar to mine as well. I'm digging those gianormous burners! How long until you get to put it to work?

If all goes well this coming weekend. I got my pump mounted/wired and all my hoses/QD's made up over this past weekend. I just need some fittings welded on a keggle and I'll be good to go. It will be nice to not lift a 10 gallon cooler full of hot water over my head and put it on top of my tool box anymore.

joel.e said:
If all goes well this coming weekend. I got my pump mounted/wired and all my hoses/QD's made up over this past weekend. I just need some fittings welded on a keggle and I'll be good to go. It will be nice to not lift a 10 gallon cooler full of hot water over my head and put it on top of my tool box anymore.
About time you show up. Looks good.

GilaMinumBeer said:
2174480658_1b0d7fdace.jpg

It's a work in progress. Here it is on the first day of the build. The burners mount on clips directly below the kegs. The project is nearly complete and is scheduled to brew on saturday.

Interesting. Any more progress?

ScubaSteve said:

Sexiest thing I've seen so far.
Besides the risk of your rig turning to kindling...any unforseen problems building a brew stand from wood? This is the avenue I'm looking to take seeing as how we have stock piles of cherry and oak in our woodshop.

ddroukas said:
Sexiest thing I've seen so far.
Besides the risk of your rig turning to kindling...any unforseen problems building a brew stand from wood? This is the avenue I'm looking to take seeing as how we have stock piles of cherry and oak in our woodshop.
Mine is made of wood (it's on one of the past pages) and I have had no problems in 6 months and almost 200 gallons brewed on it.

Back