Read about Jalapeno beer.. had to try it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drustanos

Reaction score
zj8qi9.jpg

Brewhouse american lager kit in a 2 litre.. hopefully this will be tasty.

WOW! that's intense. I loved Rouge's Chipolte ale but the idea of hot in a beer and especially a lager makes me nervous. Let us know how it comes out!!!

I tried a Chili Beer during a visit to Cave Creek AZ (just outside Scottsdale). It was a beer with a chili pepper on the bottom of the bottle. WOW, this beer was different. Tasted like beer with an aftertaste of spicy chili peppers.

Be sure to taste it often and rack it off those peppers as soon as it's right.

i'm in, send me a sample.

we were drinking margaritas(sp) one day at some bar that had them on special and a friend of mine put habanero sauce into mine. it was actually really good.

My second batch ever was an extract, some random stout recipe, and I put a slice of fresh cayenne pepper into the bottom of about 10 of the bottles. They were very good, not too hot, but I would only drink maybe 1 or 2 at a time.

Cave creek Chili beer is ok if its fresh. Tastes like crap if its skunked just like Corona. Also each bottle has a whole pepper in it which is way to powerful I take a slice of pepper and add it to a light colored beer and its very good ... But then again I poop fire most times anyways love me some spicy food.

Let us know how yours comes out

Wow, when I first looked at that picture, I thought that was a carboy - I'm thinking DAMN those are some BIG jalapenos...hahaha

I put whole peppers in the bottle of a 6 pack of an Amber ale and a stout. Turned out incredible. Amazingly the peppers stay very well preserved even 6 months later. One bottle is enough to satisfy your pepper craving for a night.

I've had a chili beer once, and I believe it was the cave creek one. It didn't taste that great, but wasn't good either. Certainly not as spicy as everyone seems to make it out to be. I also order my Indian food Indian hot, though.

I would recommend having another beer in the other hand and alternating the two.

I had the jap-a-leano one at a brewfest. It was weird. Nothing special. I wished I asked for the chocolate coffee stout instead... it was back of the line for me again. I didnt like hot beer

I had this beer a couple of weeks ago. I am not a real big fan of wheat beers, but this beer was really nice. It had a great taste of Jalapino and Habanero peppers. I asked the brewer and he basically makes a beer and dry hops/peppers the beer with the peppers in the keg. When it is spicy enough, he racks it to another keg.
Good stuff!

6R - Six Rivers Brewery, Welcome

Never had Chilli beer but sounds good.

I made a Chilli and Blackberry wine last crop and It was hot but that's what I was aiming for.

Used 3 birds eye chillis and a scotch bonnet mushed in with the berrys before fermenting and It kept plenty of heat.

I dont think I would want a spicy dark beer.. just too much going on. I am hoping this will be a good dinner beer.

Devil's Advocate: Three Floyd's Dark Lord chili (De Muerte) is a highly coveted beer. Russian Imperial Stout on Oak and Chili. Just something to consider....

I literally just got done drinking a Mikkeller barrel aged Chipotle stout. Great stuff, and the spiciness was appropriate. I think the idea is great and the pic makes my mouth water for jalapenos.

I brewed a jalapeno/serano saison a couple months ago. Pretty happy with how it turned out. :D

I am getting ready to plan the same thing, random!

Loving the pepper love

I take a slice of pepper and add it to a light colored beer and its very good ... But then again I poop fire most times anyways love me some spicy food.

LOL.... I was thinking the same thing. I eat hot chili peppers with just about everything. I go through a jar every 2 weeks..... in addition to eating the chilis.... I drink the juice too.

I'm definitely going to have to brew up some chili pepper beer.... :mug:

So my girlfriend would like me to brew up an American Wheat/Jalapeno batch. I'm on the fence about it. Sounds like a dry hop method would work best and not infuse so much of the oils.

But honestly, I like a good beer to extinguish the spicy food, not the other way around. Nothing like throwing "gasoline" on the fire in my mouth. I may need to try a couple varieties first...

zj8qi9.jpg

Brewhouse american lager kit in a 2 litre.. hopefully this will be tasty.

I've got a lager in primary right now. Thinking of racking off a gallon and using some of my garden peppers. The photo looks like pickled jalapenos, though its probably just the coloring of the beer. Anyone thought of using banana peppers? I've got a bushel of them right now.

A few brews ago I did a smoked chipotle porter. The flavor is very good but too spicy for beer, and I like spice. I used smoked chipotle powder in bottling. Should have used less. I'm hoping some of the heat conditions out with age.

ballast point habanero sculpin is amazing. I think pepper beers only are good when paired with large amounts of fruity, or citrus hops. and a dry DRY body. just my take.

Back