I have a wit that is 2 days old right now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogDaddy

Reaction score
should it be brown in color???

By the way, you guys have been great help without even knowing. I've found many an answer without even asking on this website.

Is it an extract recipe? My wit was from a kit with all liquid malt extract and it was very dark, even in the glass. It seems to be typical for LME. But it tasted great so it's all good.

I'm trying to find a picture of my wit in the fermenter. It looked quite brown looking right down through it in the carboy. It is pale straw (hoegaarden-coloured) in the glass.

If it's an extract recipe, though, you're probably a couple of shades darker. It is nigh impossible to brew a light-coloured beer from LME.

we did a belgium wit a few batches ago and it did the same thing. Brown in carboy, but now when you pour it in the glass, the color is spot on. you are looking through a lot more beer in a carboy than in a glass, so it should be darker.

Back